News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Crystal hunt

Started by Anastasia, June 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

"Is it asleep? Do books sleep?" Calleigh wonders as Tryll examines the book for trickery.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Filaurel stirs as you examine it, his voice in your mind. 'There you are," the book says, 'Swimmy, what took you so long?'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'Life grows ever stranger. What should have been small things have spiraled out of proportion and became very big things.' Tryll replies.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'Bigger and bigger, is it?' The book responds, 'How big is it? Big as you are?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I going to try to destroy Shar.'

Anastasia

'Oh. Are you going to try and learn in the meantime?' Is the answer you get.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'As much as I can, yes.'

Anastasia

'Then try,' Filaurel declares.

Okay, how far did you make it with the book last time?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Oh boy I was really hoping you wouldn't ask that because I don't remember. Gimme a mo

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on July 24, 2018, 04:28:09 PM
Progress. You feel like you're making slow, steady progress - but emphasis on slow. This book is like a dozen puzzles mixed together and sorting them out is the first hurdle. It constantly changes, but you feel like you're making headway.

It's now eveningtime - you're pretty sure they're all eating dinner in the kitchen right now.

Yuthirin

That's where we were before we were soundly distracted by other things.

Anastasia

Int check, +3 circumstance bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+18 : 15 + 18, total 33[/blockquote]

Anastasia

You study - and you feel close. You're grasping more of the book now, steady progress after some time of reading. You feel close indeed to something, some breakthrough.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin