News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

A light filled wandering

Started by Anastasia, June 25, 2019, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Alright, a few things happened. First off, Bastian here has led us to an opportunity to get a very good head start on our own library. There's a valley with numerous stone slabs, enchanted to hold massive amounts of knowledge by a necromancer. Unfortunately this valley is inhabited by ha-nagas. I tried to use a Wish to get the knowledge to recreate the slabs here, but it was a literal ocean of information and almost burned me out. So, let's not try that again and get a plan to either deal with the nagas and move the slabs, or have teams in the valley to work on individual slabs. Delaize is trying to find someone who's dealt with nagas before to help.

Secondly, I did some divinations on the key we found in the bank. It leads to a locked and hidden room somewhere in creation. That somewhere is, apparently, in the 10th layer of the Abyss. I want it, and we're going to find a way to get it. I know a raid is a tall order, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Third, I've almost finalized my plans for the jewels we got from the bank, but my plans are going to be costly. There's two parts to this; the cost of the jewels and the funds and resources we need to get this place ordered. We need leads on treasure. I think our Fleshknower friends might be able to help with that, but I also know there's places like Mineral that could be good options. I don't want to raid anywhere like that, so if anyone has contacts who're willing to trade or give us work, let's tap them.

Fourth, we need to get some serious trade going. You all have knowledge and contacts for various groups and places. They all need things, let's figure out what we can do about that.

Fifth, you all have things you want to accomplish. Places to go and tasks to be done, on a personal level. Let's not simply focus on what I need or want. Those things you always to get done but couldn't muster the resources or allies for? I want a list of those things.

Sixth, I need to start planning to cast the spell to extend my family's lives. It's a long spell. Two weeks long. Let me know what you think needs to be done to make time for it."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

All of that's listened to, Dolmaya speaking up first, "That Hellhole?" she makes an expression of disgust. "It could be done, but the realm itself is dangerous, brutish and lethal."

Jarem nods a bit to that, "Not familiar with it myself, but that sounds like the Abyss. The Ha-Nagas sound more manageable."

"I can talk to my Moms about that," Emily speaks up, "They'll be glad to help with trading, I can take care of that in a single message."

"The joys of having rich parents," Bastian grunts, leaning against the wall by the window, gaze looking out at the roads below. "I'll figure out some things I want to get done."

"So shall I," Ianvasah rests in her chair, "I say prioritize your family if you care about them, Alyssa. All of these problems sound like they aren't ones that need to be done in haste."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "Well, speaking of family, I plan a small journey to Gond's realm. I'm going to look in on my brother."

Anastasia

"All for your betterment," Dolmaya agrees.

Meanwhile Bastian looks out the window, and after a moment, "Also, don't try to steal from Mineral. It's not worth it. The natives hate it and they have long memories and longer grudges. We could probably get away with it, but it's also probably not worth it."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"That's why I want contacts and work. Trade too if we can manage it. Let's see if our Fleshknower friends might be able to make introductions. They may not be the same sort, but they're... Cousins? Maybe, and it could lend a little leeway."

Anastasia

"Then let's decide on what to do and more importantly, what first," Jarem suggests, "I think Ianvasah's right - spend the time now if you want to enchant your parents, before something comes along and you don't have the chance."

"Family's important," Emily says, "We all have a lot to do."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"Sounds like a plan. That'll give us a chance to get our new people settled too."

Anastasia

Going to see to that first, then?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Gimme a d100.

Meanwhile, gimme a list of everyone being extended, just so we're on the same page?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I offered it up to NPCs but no one really responded. If anyone wants it, they can join in. I have... 18 people in addition to family I can do. As for who right now, Mom, Dad, Sis.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 23, total 23[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Jarem's got his eternity sorted so he doesn't need it, Bastian, Emily and Dolmaya have no need of it and Ianvasah's gained the dragon type.

Awesome offer, just a situation where none of them need it.

Okay then, any prep for this I need to be aware of?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Not that I'm aware of beyond the long casting time.

Anastasia

Days pass. Days of casting and ritual. Days of listening to your family chat to pass the time. It's a test of endurance as much as anything else, each day oozing by as you spend time working.

At last it's the final day. You're preparing the last words and final invocation to seal this mighty magic. Power flows into you as...

Go ahead and play it up as you like, Iddy. There's a lot of time here but it's wholly skip over time as your'e busy spellcasting.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa draws the flow of power in, splitting it for each of her family members and herself and the weaving it into them, letting it fill them and soak into their beings, letting the spell run its course, then relaxing as it finishes for them all.

She then looks at them with a smile, "It's done. Our lives are renewed and extended."