The time is now

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"It's a large production yard that's rather isolated. The manual defenses are minimal, save for one. Blue flames manifest there, far hotter than normal fire. Only natives of Fire are safe from it, not even magic will protect you." Strength of Light explains, "So ships are made there in peace, with enough forces to fend off the natives or Zaaman Rul."

"Will our own natures protect us, even if we are not natives of Fire?" Antenora asks, "Hell's fires forged this body, and I will not believe they are inferior to the flames of Fire."

"...you came from Caina," Latha says, rather archly. "Land of forever winter and the frozen heart of Mephisto."

A beat. Another beat. "Yes...well." Antenora has the good graces to flush. "I meant in a rhetorical manner."

Latha cracks a smile at that, "So far into your rhetoric that you forgot to check your own reality."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Be that as it may," Alicia cuts in, "It's most likely the sort of fire that only creatures of fire - the kind that are correspondingly weak to cold, can handle. How pervasive are the flames?" she asks Strength of Light.

Anastasia

"Common," Strength of Light says, "They also arch high into the sky in an unpredictable way, making aerial assaults dangerous as well."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"But they can be dodged, that can be worked with," Alicia says. "So long as we can endure the flames and keep healing up the burns they cause it shouldn't pose too much a difficulty to wreck the facilities and capture the workers."

Anastasia

"We'll need to be prepared," Antenora says, "I should go. My divine succor will be highly useful throughout this venture."

Marchalu speaks up, "There's one other thing, ma'am. I have reports of a clutch of dragons or dragon like creatures, type unknown, that lair in the area. They seem immune to the fires as well."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Red dragons would be," she says after giving Antenora a little nod. "No indication of them working with the efreet?"

Anastasia

"None that I can find, but information is scarce," Marchalu says, "Our source is a defector from a few millenia ago, and he's since unavailable - assassinated. It's an old story, but it's the most reliable we have.""
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"So could've been a few wyrmlings that are now a great wyrm for all we know then?" Alicia asks. "It's fine, I know most of your resources are focused internally rather than on gathering information from outside. Whatever the case may be, we'll take care of it."

Anastasia

"Then," Antenora says, "Who will go and how will we do this, Alicia?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Us two and Syala should be more than sufficient for the job," Alicia decides. "We'll gate in nearby and openly assault the base. Dealing with that fire will be too much extra pressure to worry about trying anything clever."

Anastasia

"You're right," Antenora says after a few moments of thought, "Another could come up with a clever solution, but I believe that we are better served by direct action."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"We'll wait and see how things play out for the rest of the day then," Alicia says. "Unless there's a big change on Fire or events overtake us elsewhere, we'll launch the attack tomorrow."

Anastasia

General agreement at that and...

Okay, anything to do or just waiting for the day to pass?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Just have to wait now.

Anastasia

Quick check: What exact domains do you have?
<Afina> Forever.