News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The time is now

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"We've been lucky on that front, but it's a risk that's always been there, and she's got one less avatar right now anyway," Alicia says rather than get lost in defeatism, they all know Shar's strong belabouring it just saps morale.

Anastasia

"Still, this is a time of celebration," Mystra states, "Let us celebrate rather than linger in the challenges ahead."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Maybe Selune and Helm and Seira can celebrate, but it doesn't seem a good use of their own time. "If there's nothing immediately in the offing we need to prepare for upcoming attacks on Fire," she demurs. "That war isn't going to stand still regardless of what else happens."

Anastasia

To this Mystra smiles, "Your sense of duty is commendable," she agrees, "Go. One crusade at a time."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Please do call on us if you think there's anything we can help with on the Shar side," she asks.

Now then, may as well go home and reconvene that meeting with Strength of Light and Marchalu.

Anastasia

Due to vacation, it's been a bit. Refresh me on your goals for that meeting?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Latha and Anty were sitting in too, plan was basically to figure out where Sylica can and should attack efreet holdings on Fire and handle potential counterattacks.

Anastasia

Getting everyone together again isn't hard as Strength of Light stands. "Before we begin, what of the dao?" he asks you. "Will they continue in the war?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Unknown for now, Seira's got a ceasefire with them for most of the next week, but whether that'll lead to them pulling back or not isn't certain. It's looking that way, though," Alicia answers. "We'll probably have to give up the Abyssal Lake as part of any deal."

Anastasia

"I believe it'll come down to if they can find terms they can live with," Antenora says, "Obvious, but with the personalities involved, it's more relevant than ever." Tapping a finger on the table, "Assume they'll be a problem for now, we can redistribute any forces freed up if they do quit the war."

"I greatly dislike giving away my own works," Latha speaks up, "If we are to, I wish that my works there be destroyed. I will not give the dao my handiwork."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"It's too big to fit through a gate, but it's not much trouble for me to plane shift so long as I enlarge myself first," Alicia reassures Latha. "Little use for it in Sylica but we can still keep it for a rainy day."

Anastasia

"Beyond that," Antenora goes on, "Do we have targets?"

Here Strength of Light clears his throat, "With Zaaman Rul's victory, while there are still interplanar problems and we're fortifying against those, the momentum is on our side. The efreet are largely taking a defensive stance at the moment, so it's a question of what targets we strike."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Military targets, ones that'll hamper them in the long term if they seek to draw the war out," Alicia says, thinking that'll better cover gaps left by Seira. "Research facilities, forges and shipyards, training grounds, things like that."

Shipyards on Fire isn't as unlikely as it sounds, they make flying boats out of stone after all.

Anastasia

"A great deal of production is in the City of Brass or near it," Strength of Light says, "Which is their strongest point. Amdi those that are left, they have the Blackstone Galleys, where ships that float on hot air are created."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Seira's talking about attacking the city but I'd rather poke at the edges before committing that far. What do we have on the Galleys?" Alicia asks, going with that option.