News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

A book and many things to do

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

(~Ebiris) http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104121.msg1146279/topicseen.html#msg1146279
(~Ebiris) Room 11: Rosier
(~Ebiris) Gold and Platinum Chain: 1,400 gold.*
(~Ebiris) A gold plated human heart: 1,950 gold.*
(~Ebiris) 54,390 gold coins: 54390 gold.*
(~Ebiris) Silver Chalice, inlaid with dragon fangs: 2,400 gold.*
(~Ebiris) Seems like that stuff was sold and the staff and shard were kept.
(~Ebiris) http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104121.msg1146280.html#msg1146280
(~Ebiris) Fragment: A strange metal fragment that radiates an eternally fading aura of magic, impossible to identify and yet never fades away. No obvious value. (Research for use.)
(~Ebiris) Witch Staff: This staff functions as a quarterstaff+6, impact. Yet it is only truly mighty when used by a witch. When it is, the witch gains her Charisma modifier as a bonus to armor class and a +2 bonus to the caster level and save DCs of any witch spells. This is a minor artifact. (Do we know anyone who could use this? NPCs/Allies? Otherwise sell.)
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

"Who is this person? Someone of position in your order?"

Anastasia

"Yeah, a friend. His name's Barryn," Jarem explains simply.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"And Agreil? I assume he's good at his job, but how flexible is his reasoning, you think? We have the staff and shard, but the res is liquidated. I don't terribly mind returning those two, but... I won't return them into hands that will use them against us."

Anastasia

"I've met him. He's sharp," Jarem says, "Smooth as a prince and with a mind like a blade. Cuts right through deceptions and to the quick of the truth." You notice Jarem's fist has balled up as he goes on, voice even and controlled. "Then we talk and see if we can get something in writing about that in exchange, if we're going to do that. If."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "We need to know who's involved in this. That fact that he's name dropping means he's had dealings. The fact that it's in the form of a threat means it's not official. Let's meet with this diplomat and see how far this goes. Is your friend still here or did he leave right after delivery?"

Anastasia

"He's in Warrior's Rest. I went over there to check on a few leads," Jarem admits, "The paths will get us close enough, so we can save a spell that way." He's already going, "I suggest not lying to Agreil at all, he'll pick up on it. Refuse to answer or deflect, but don't lie."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa raises an eyebrow and replies mildly, "When have I ever lived?"

Anastasia

"Double dates keep coming to mind," Jarem retorts right away.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Who says I was lying? Just because I haven't manipulated the situation to make it true yet doesn't make it a lie."

Anastasia

With an eyeroll Jarem leads you on and...

Taking anyone else and any prep?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Dolmaya, and daily buffs should be fine.

Anastasia

"...so that's the situation," Jarem finishes as you walk walk towards the paths leading away from your home.

Dolmaya falls in, "I'll support you - this will be a negotiation, not a brawl. Are your words sharp enough for this, Alyssa?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'm a researcher, not a diplomat. But I have learned in my time as Regent. It depends on what we're walking into."

Anastasia

At that Dolmaya falls into step. Along the endless roads you walk - until you come out in a well organized field, a path going through it. Ahead is a rather large fortress made of black stone. The fields are tended to by soldiers - in bearing if not in clothing, tilling with the practiced ease of a well formed team. Others tend to orchards or animals, from cows to chickens to horses.

"Blackstone Castle," Jarem says, "The embassy from Baator stays here, and proves the architect had no imagination for naming." Gesturing ahead at it, "Come on, we're expected."
<Afina> Forever.