News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

A new sultan?

Started by Anastasia, July 19, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"I have a little something to help with that," Seira responds, materializing at her side.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Ma l-ah." A clearing o her throat, "Seira," she stands and bows to that, "Bibliotheca Arcana? That is a marvelous spell, or so I've heard."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"It's very useful for retention, but no. I'm here to give you a taste of your eventual destination, what exactly you must aspire to reach on your own one day."

Seira reaches to grasp Ranbar's shoulder, and nominates her as a divine proxy.

Anastasia

Ranbar stops a moment, wobbly on her feet. She sinks back into her chair, "...just like that, again?" she whispers. "My lady, what did I do to deserve all of this?" Her eyes are wide and expression open.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"You've been a good and worthy student of my teachings, which is how you were nominated for the role of high priestess," Seira responds. "I'll admit nominating one myself is not very traditional, but you know me well enough to tell I'm not one for tradition. Afterwards? It's merely an extension of that trust. If I chose you, via your virtues, wisdom and actions, to serve as my voice for the rest of my faithful, making you a literal voice for me is a logical next step. Now you speak for me de jure and de facto."

Seira smiles down at her. "Do the right thing and make it your own justification. And in fact, one such opportunity is upon us! Selune has invited me on a punitive expedition into Shadow."

Anastasia

"Yes, Seira," Ranbar manages after that, then looks up. "Into Shadow itself? To strike at Shar then?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Yes. Whether it's to assist Selune against Shar herself, or face off an avatar of Shar with a few of us... we hope to achieve great things. If it's a proxy, even better! And it's about time we thinned out Shar's minions."

Anastasia

"I'll be prepared, my la-Seira." Ranbar rises at this, "I promise you I'll be ready. Who will I be battling with, so I can be prepared to aid them?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I thought the two of us could make an outing of it," Seira responds. "I'm sure we'll find a few friends to watch our back at the Gates of the Moon, however."

Incidentally, I think Automatic Metamagic will be the best SDA for her via the proxy template.

Anastasia

I'll figure that out on her end later, but I have an idea. Okay, any prep?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

CL 34 spells for all who wish to receive them:
Overall: Glorious Rally, Celestial Valor, Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons)
Defensive: Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Foresight
Perception Modes and Protections: True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight
Movement Modes and Protections: Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport
Skill Checks: Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon
Ability Checks: Good Hope, Sign
Immunities and Resistances: Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all)
Esoteric Boosters: Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning

Numerical benefits:
AC: +15 normal/+15 touch (+2 insight Foresight, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Attack: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Ref Save +13 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
68 temp hp

Also immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 170ft radius of you.

Personal only spells:
Sensual Blessing, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Mind Blank, Bibliotheca Arcana

I intend to cast Celestial Valor and Glorious Rally before we set off from Gates of the Moon, so that anyone who fights alongside me and wishes to benefit from them would get the chance. The rest are precast, and Ranbar can have any and all of the spells listed. I'd like her to manage Mind Blank for herself, too.

Anastasia

Sure, easy enough. Any other spells you want Ranbar to cast in prep?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Nothing comes to mind.

Anastasia

And thus it's time to open a portal - and one that opens to the Gates of the Moon, awaiting the two of you.

'Come,' Selune sends, her words saying it all. A drift of breeze comes through the portal, smelling of the sea and wildflowers together.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira steps through the portal normally, but what emerges alongside Ragnar is her draconic self! Majestic and fire-red, with bits of color all over. A nice choker, black streaks down her arms, a diamond embedded in her forehead... all of her artifacts, adjusted to this form with perfect aesthetics.