News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

The first peaceful day

Started by Anastasia, July 22, 2019, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Wood stays there a time, before perking up. Suddenly his head is low and his gaze is intent, on something inside the gr - ah, a rabbit. Wood's heading towards it quickly, moving with purpose and grace, far more than normal.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

It's unusual for him to do this, so Moore decides to watch and follow along for now.

Anastasia

Slowly Wood stalks, coming closer and closer until the rabbit...shifts, becoming more. A silvery man wearing a pair of tattered old pants and nothing else. He turns to Wood, who startles back with a yelp.

"I'm sorry, I'm not dinner," he says in a kindly old voice with pleased smile, going over and petting Wood. "Good dog."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Oh, goodness. Hello!" Moore says in greeting.

Anastasia

A look over to you, "Well, come in," he says, "If you've already opened the gate, keep going."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Sorry, I guess I need things spelled out sometimes." He admits as he goes to fly inside.

Anastasia

Wood trots along and follows. "Welcome to the Monastery of the Still Mind,"  he says, as within is a barn and little else, just passage into the main building. "We learn to control our mind and through that our bodies, and more in time."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore blinks as he follows along. "Oh, that makes sense. I've heard of that sort of thing... mostly with monks and those who use their mind as power." He says. "Do you need to know why I'm here, or should I assume that people only end up here for specific reasons?"

Anastasia

"I don't know you from a rock on the ground," The monk agrees, "Why don't you tell me?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I suppose who I am doesn't really matter to you, but it's important to my journey, ironically. I'm searching for my true name." Moore explains.

Anastasia

"That I can't help you with," he admits, "Except to put you on the right path. You should be looking for the Eternal Well."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Is that an actual place, or is it more metaphorical?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

"It's a real place, but it's obscure," Here the silver skinned man stops, "Said to be a well to eternity. I don't know if that's true or not, but I hear the waters of it can provide great insight about the self, even what you seek."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Do you mind telling me where I should search for it?"

Anastasia

"You're on the right layer for it," The man says, petting Wood a few more times before stopping. "I hear it's close to the border with Mertion, but that's a lot of ground and the area's filled with caves and tunnels everywhere."
<Afina> Forever.