News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

The first peaceful day

Started by Anastasia, July 22, 2019, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"Well, I think it was an opportunity to enact some plans he'd been cooking for a while." Moore says. "I think he didn't have a choice -- things would've ended up even worse for the efreet."

Anastasia

"You really won big," Melia says, "You're the real thing, all of you are."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"What, you thought you were working for a fraud?" He asks with some joking anger. "I appreciate you saying so, though. But you're part of all this -- you help me out with things I can't have other people handle."

Anastasia

"So I doubt the Sultan will do well with what happened," Melia says, "Wouldn't want to be him right now." She smiles a bit, "I'll have more things to look into now, or at least different ones?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm going to have you focus on helping find knowledge for the research." Moore says. "I think you'd be able to find some in places I'd never even know to not go."

Anastasia

"I'll get on it," Melia says, agreeably enough. "Well, after dinner."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Take your time." Moore says. "And let me know if you run into more trouble."

Anastasia

A nod and Melia goes off, and from there...

Okay in the event Antenora's delayed, what's your next todo? Just want to have prep started in case it's needed.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Hmm. Let's see how that trading thing is going with our good friends outside of Hope's Landing. It's been a while, but the war kind of overtook the whole thing.

Anastasia

Sure.

Outside of Hope's Landing is bustling. Some soldiers still as well as several trading tents. Things have sprung up for certain, a handful of Mercane seen as well as more celestial traders. A marketplace of sorts, small but certainly not nothing at all.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I have forgotten the name of the goblin and the person the Padisha sent us, but Moore will look for them!

Anastasia

The goblin is Hampiere and the mercane is Trader.

You find Trader first, haggling with a sea elf over what looks to be a basket of clams.

"Fifty," The elf says, "These are high quality and lightly enchanted."

"They are," Trader agrees, "They're also not worth fifty currents."

"They aren't," The sea elf has an open face, beautiful and graceful. He shakes his head, "I need the money because an associate having hard times, and I want to help him."

Trader rubs his chin, "Then I'll buy them for seventy currents," he sticks his hand out, which the elf quickly shakes. The bow lightly to one another after.

"Thank you, friend," the sea elf says, "I'll be sure he knows you're a good merchant."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I see things are going well." Moore says after the transaction. "I've been neglectful in supporting this endeavor — my own idea, even — so I intend to rectify that." A bright smile follows his apology. "What can I do to help?"

Anastasia

"Money. Different currencies in particular," Trader says, "We have a large cache of currents, which is the gold-equivalent currency most of the sea elf traders use. We're also adequate in traditional mintages of gold coins, as well as Arcadian Sunrises and we have a few small holdings of Brightwater writs. However, we're short on most everything else."

This is the sort of nitty gritty that tends to be glazed over with gold pieces for the sake of gameplay. It exists but usually isn't mentioned.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I can find a variety of currencies for you. Would 100,000 gold worth of different currencies be sufficient?" He asks.