News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Advancement

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"I can get you in there," Robeaux says, "Past the defenses!" Looking at you wildly, "Just listen to me!"

Syala's smiling, unseen by him. "Antenora?"

> roll 1d20+15
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+15 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{25}

"He's telling the truth. A demon speaking truth," Without much mirth but a nod, "He's terrified and telling the truth."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia just waits to hopefully hear something useful.

At least her avatar's being productive elsewhere. She'll be a lot happier when she has the others up and about.

Anastasia

"T-there's a secret entrance," Robeaux finally says, "For some of us to sneak in and out without having to deal with all the defenses. It's not supposed to be there, but we found a loophole in it."

Antenora nods after a moment, "It is true," she confirms.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Go on," Alicia prods, mustering her patience.

Anastasia

"A passage," Robeaux says, "One I know how to open. It's beneath, caverns leading into it from the Weyburn. It can get you right in."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Take 10 for 65 on planes to know where/what the Weyburn is.

"Where specifically and how is it opened then?" Alicia asks, feeling like she's pulling teeth.

Anastasia

The Weyburn is minor region of Hades on the first layer. Nothing remarkable, named for one fact - long ago, an impressively powerful wyvern with fiendsblood had a lair there. It's said it was ultimately slain by heroes but the name stuck. It's mostly empty lands with the lairs of various nasties about. More wild animals and fugitives than proper yugoloths, though there are a sprinkling about.

"With this," A necklace of a pair of red lips is produced, laid down. "Along with the power word Hoynea. Go there, wear this and utter the words, and the way will open. From there keep on going and it's a straight shot, simple and usually without anyone else in there."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That doesn't sound like a loophole that wasn't supposed to be there, that's a very specific lock and key setup.

"I see," she says dubiously, more and more thinking the entire thing stinks and wishing she wasn't having her time wasted on it. "Is Rosewater close to the Weyburn outside of the caves?"

Anastasia

"No," Robeaux goes on, "It's because the way they set it up connects to places - and that looks like an unintentional connection." On hearing you, "It's true! So we put up defenses so it's safe but we can still use it to our advantage. Our secret, that's what it is. You could probably break through without that of course, our magic isn't as mighty as yours."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Spare me the pointless flattery," Alicia says curtly. "Tell us more about what's inside Rosewater. What it's for and who runs it."

Anastasia

A breath out, "It's about the Styx. It's about memories and changing them, the memories of the mind and the memories of the soul. Everything around it, the defenses, the illusions, it's just to hide that fact. There's even pleasure houses to make it seem like a simpler venture. Even..." a pause, a stammer, "Even s-succubi prostitutes who are dead ringers for all of you." Taking a gulp, "Cheap ones."

Antenora's gaze doesn't flicker. "You tell us that why?"

"B-because everything I've heard says Malcanthet is furious with Sylica. Especially when the Radiant Sister comes here about it, she's been heard bit-I mean, compl-"

Syala cuts in, "Don't spare us. Just speak."

"Ah. A-alright. When the Radiant Sister comes and bitches about Sylica as well. M-Malcanthet is angry with Sylica, and in turn she is as well. She's amusing herself with insults and mockeries. All while inside they...they work with the Styx, with memories and souls. Souls that can be exposed to it but not lose anything, or lose everything and gain something else, something outside. Copies, I hear. Copies of knowledge and power and wisdom. A-and that there's been a breakthrough and...the Radiant Sister's grown far stronger from it. That this feud is going to be settled soon. That she has places for all of you, places to suffer."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It's all Alicia can do not to roll her eyes at the dead ringer succubus prostitutes. Honestly with shapechanging magic being so common it's not even the least bit shocking.

"This is the sort of information you should have lead with, this is actually interesting," she says on the topic of working with the soul and the styx. "Which radiant sister visits Rosewater and who's in charge when she's absent?"

Anastasia

"V-violet," He answers right away. "When she's not, Rulalla is in charge. A lilitu wizard who is Violet's lover. She's only there because Violet enjoys her company in bed, she's not half the leader Violet is. She's vain and easily distracted by arcane lore."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Violet's the one they're looking for so that brings things together, especially with all that about the Styx and gaining power in exchange for everything else. "Has Rosewater suffered any serious attacks from other parties, to your knowledge? What defences or plans does it have in place to handle hostile incursions?"

Anastasia

"A f-few probes, all crushed. As likely adventurers as anything,' Robeaux replies, "There's forces, magical defenses and I h-hear M-malcanthet may intervene with Violet and worse. And V-violet's so strong now."
<Afina> Forever.