News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Ahead lies...?

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore swivels in his chair.

"Hey! Hey, none of that!" He says, waving his hands in front of her. "There's no need to cry! There's no need to be upset at all, it'll be okay!"

Anastasia

Gold freezes at that while Elena cries ever so softly, "It's just....Medi...everything....sometimes I miss them so much and I just want to see them all again, but they all died or left and...You idiot...you idiot, Medi...why'd you come back and tease me like this?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Elena..." He takes in a breath. "I always wondered how you managed to deal with this sort of thing. It's okay. We're not going to go anywhere or stop until this is done."

Anastasia

Elena falls to her knees, burying her face in her hands as she cries.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Under normal circumstances, this is where a hug would be helpful, but that's a bit difficult.

All he can do is fly down to sit with her.

"There, there... it's all right. Let it out, you'll feel better." He says quietly.

Anastasia

Elena cries as you comfort her, "It...I just miss him so much," she finally sniffles after crying.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hey, there's no need to cry. He's alive, right?" Moore says with a smile. "So that's one step closer than you were a few months ago. Besides, maybe when this device is completed, it might... I dunno, maybe we can figure out some way to connect you to him with it, or something like that."

Anastasia

"Y-yeah," Elena sniffles, "I'm...you keep working, okay?" she says with a shaky smile, and is then gone.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Let me go do some digging." Moore says. "You keep doing what you can with that, please."

Intent will be to go to the library and see if there are any books documenting who helped with Medicant/Aurora's original construction. Surely, some of them must still be around or have become outsiders or were immortal anyway or something...

Anastasia

Sure, give me an K:A check with Aurora's library bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I think that was 15...? So 123, in that case.

Anastasia

There's not a lot - it looks like Medi was the primary builder in any case. Details are scant simply due to time more than anything else. As you sit back and put aside another book?

"...Moore?" Elena says from behind you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hm?" Moore turns around. "Oh, what's up?"

Anastasia

"T-thanks." she murmurs, "For what you're doing."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore waves a hand dismissively.

"It's the same thing I'd do for any of my close friends. Don't worry about it." A smile after that. "I probably am not going to be able to find anyone who helped put this place together, but I have a few ideas on where I can go to get something that may be just as good."