News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

On asking, "He's clear," Sanzha says, "He's hardly celestial material, but he's not an enemy agent."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"You took care of all the attached strings?" Seira confirms. "What role do you see for him here?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"They're cut," Sanzha agrees coolly, "He'll do well as a merchant, once he understands the realities here and how to help out."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Luckily, we've got the time now, since we won our wars," Seira muses. "And that's another thing I wanted to talk to you about. In the interest of freeing millions of slaves and ensuring millions more would be safe from the efreet, I allowed that scum to live another day. It might be best to look into another worthy deed for your Apotheosis, I feel."

Anastasia

"It is unavoidable now," Lady Sanzha agrees, "My, I'll keep busy looking into it"

Lady Sanzha's node goal has changed. Go check it out, this is an interim one to have fun with while she does her homework.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Frustrating, but such is life.

"I'll do my best to keep an eye out for worthy goals, myself!" Seira promises to her.

Let's see Donald and Elle. It's time for exciting transformations!

Anastasia

Brutal honesty, I need a bit to decide exactly what she wants there. So have a chance to develop her or not.

Getting together with Donald and Elle isn't hard. It's over dinner - seafood, tasting just like many meals at Balmuria. Grilled fish on a bed of fresh greens, along with bread with a soft, garlic and herb cheese spread over it. "You know the farm that made that," Elle comments after a bite, "She said you liked her cheese the last time she visited, she's trying another one."

Donald's tucking into his meal, eating with vigor. After a big swallow of fish, "Besides, I need a full stomach before any blood infusions. That's just common sense."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Abby's? Excellent choice," Seira agrees, in full agreement that erstwhile apprentices should be supported in all their legitimate ventures. She nods at Donald, adding, "It certainly can't hurt. In fact, I'm tempted myself, though I have a few other accomplishments I need to secure first."

Anastasia

Finishing off his bread and getting more, Donald goes on as he spreads cheese on it.

A moment really to look at Elle's kitchen. It's broad, big and high roofed. Copper and steel cookware hangs on the wall, while a broom moves along to sweep of its own accord. The cookfire is off, able to be activated with a moment's magical focus. The table is set for all of you while a pie sits covered on one of the counters - you can almost literally taste the sweet apples and chocolate mixed together, and could literally if you cared to use the slightest bit of effort.

After more food Donald adds, "It takes time to adjust and it slows you down in other ventures, but blood vigor's important."

"Blood vigor?" Elle says, voice entirely unimpressed. Pointing a butter knife at him, "You made that up."

"I did not. Akazula of Tarthos Rel used the term over 100,000 years ago," Donald smiles a bit at that, "He talks about in the Gynos Magicum, you know, the one with the blue cover and gold letters?"

After a breath, "The  one I haven't gotten around to reading yet?" Elle retorts.

"I'm reading it when cooling down after practice." Donald waves it off, "It's good reading for that."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I assure you that it'll be beneficial and with no truly adverse side effects," Seira tells Donald, eyeing the covered pie. "Though now that I think about it, perhaps we could discuss it over dessert?"

Anastasia

"Oh that? I got it as a gift from Nolar's," Elle says, smiling a bit as Donald is very obviously ignored, "I was thinking of saving it for tomorrow night. Then again...Donald, is that snow cream ready?"

"It should be," Donald gets up, "Oh, alright, I'll go get it," he trundles off as Elle levitates the pie on over.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"You know what you need?" Seira muses, her words drifting after Donald. "An amulet that does cantrips for you. All the cantrips. I've had one as a mortal and it was such a guilty pleasure, let me tell you! No need to conserve your spells, and any household magic is at your fingertips! Want to clear the air of terrible moldy smells? Want to spice up your food? Maybe call over a book from the bookshelf without needing to get up? So useful! I'll give you my old one when I find it back home."

She snorts, muttering, "Bet it's a legendary artifact by now...."

Anastasia

With a gentle laugh of her own, "Bring it over, I'll take a look. I do remember it." Elle says. "Tell me, what is Donald looking at?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"If you mean right this instant, I respect your privacy," Seira says with a grin. "But if you meant a bit more metaphorically, prismatic infusions don't actually add fresh blood but excite the preexisting dragon blood in ingenious new ways. The process is rather quick now that we've got it down, and it stimulates growth in the mental areas, given that it's a dragon's traditional weak point. Some fresh magic that would come in handy against undead and a quirky defense against light are nice to have, and the breath is nothing to joke about. The most important thing, however? The defense is top notch, at the very edge of what exceptionally gifted mortals can achieve. Once Donald does this, he'll have a sturdier body than some deities!"

Anastasia

"Goodness knows he needs it," Elle murmurs, "Imix and his lackeys showed us that."  Using a knife to serve the pie, all chocolate and apples and sweetness, "Somehow he held on."
<Afina> Forever.