News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Often a strong enough remove curse will suffice, but not for this," Mystra concurs. "The next step is break enchantment, limited wish, wish or miracle."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Let's jump straight to Miracle," Seira suggests, indeed using her own with a luck-based booster for good measure.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Now this one I'd like a CL check on.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

22:32 <Seira> roll 1d20+35+3+17
22:32 <Rei-chan> Seira rolled : 1d20+35+3+17 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{67}

Actually -3, so 64. Luck booster spell and DvR added to the roll.

Anastasia

Maybe I'm being dumb here, but what is the luck based booster spell supposed to be, Improv or something like that?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yes, exactly. If I can't apply it here, the result is 50.

Anastasia

Afraid not, but....

Under your power, before such magic and influence, the curse bends, shudders - and dissolves. No great snap, just the morning light banishing the shadows of the night.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Interesting," Seira muses, turning her attentions on the rest of the set. "Is there any benefit in resolving the curse the way it's meant to be as opposed to this brute force method?"

Anastasia

"It depends on the curse," Mystra says, "For us, there can be, but our power is usually sufficient. What it gains is in blood, sweat and tears. You are familiar with this from how purified items can gain suitable powers from the effort at times?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Though it's often a necessity with the evil items, whereas a curse is usually just there to make a perfectly working one inoperable." She decides to uncurse the other two items in the set, telling Mystra in the meanwhile, "Thanks, I think I'm getting the hang of it. And I believe you wanted something from Waukeen?"

Anastasia

A nod to that.

"A man will come to Brightwater in three days," Mystra begins, "His name isn't important to be known, and there are magical reasons it is best for it remain that way. He will be known by a bundle he carries. It will radiate hidden but overwhelming evil. Waukeen won't miss it, but few others will be able to detect it. I need his stay in Brightwater to be unhindered, as well as fortunate. Should he trade, trades go his way. Should he gamble, he wins modestly but consistently. No creature is to bother him about the bundle and he is to be allowed to leave freely with the bundle."

After that, "Three days later, a woman will come with the same bundle. The same courtesies are to be extended to her. This one will leave via a portal after a night's sleep and that will be the last of it. It is a matter of great sensitivity that requires delicate handling of both the bundle's contents and the information of what lies within that bundle, and by extension the identity of those who carry the bundle. They will avoid giving their names, no creatures are to press this. It is a delicate situation, but one safe so long as what I ask to be done is done."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"So to see that I got this properly," Seira voices. "Three days from now, the first visitor will come to Brightwater. He will stay in Brightwater for three days. Then, six days from now a second visitor will come and stay for a day. She leaves seven days from now, and I presume so will the first visitor? Or will the first leave sometime during days four through six, before the second's arrival?"

Anastasia

"The first visitor will leave after three days," Mystra clarifies.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Is the package in any way dangerous to anyone around it? Can it affect its holders negatively, whisper in their ears and make them unpredictable?"

Anastasia

"It's safe as long as they are not unduly disturbed," Mystra explains.
<Afina> Forever.