Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

You don't sense Gond.

No, you see a ship approach through the Astral. A great ship like the gith ships, but bigger and made of steel top to bottom. It soars through the skies, soaring to the Cauldron. As it does a hatch on the underside opens, and a figure emerges, plummeting down impossibly fast. Gond 'lands' just before the Cauldron in an instant, dusts his hands off and announces:

Seira, I've arrived.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I've noticed, she responds dryly. Gesturing at her realm with a smile, she calls out brightly, Welcome to my home!

Anastasia

"A fine home," Gond declares, hands on his hips as he takes it all in. "I can see the craftwork of the original and the improvements you've made."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Not all of the improvements, I hope," she says with a laugh, leading the way inside and down towards her palace.

Anastasia

"I can see everything," Gond shares that laugh, "Aaaaah. Demiplane craftsmanship, such an involved art. You've really done wonders with the place."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Thanks! I'm trying to give Amaryl and Kascha a chance to express themselves as well, though it's still a bit early."

Anastasia

"Forest craft would be to her tastes - it's built into elves," Gond says, "I'm sure she's made a lovely forest or two already. Ah, I remember when Corellon built the elves. I always thought he went a little too heavy on forestry preferences, though he got the variability and flexibility right."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"What about the way all elves look beautiful and vaguely female?" Seira inquires. "Intentional or a happy accident?"

Anastasia

Gond turns with arms crossed, "You have met the Elf Father, haven't you?" is all he says.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Right, what a silly question. No accidents there!"

Anastasia

Gond throws his head back and laughs long and loud. When he's done he says, "Moradin and Corellon don't resemble their races, but the other way around. That's how it works for most races. Most outsiders too, if you go up the hierarchy far enough to whomever controls that entire race."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Makes sense," Seira agrees. "Who would be the human overdeity, though?"

Anastasia

"There isn't really one," Gond says as you begin to go forward, "Think of humans as like the default and with the least modifications and craftwork into them. Humans are iron, elves are mithral and dwarves are adamantine. Each makes a fine weapon but is different from the others."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Huh. So the Incarnations made humans and the Prime Material first? Then the original deities, then the planes, then the ban on magic that breaks causality?"