News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"You mean the Temporal Compact?" Gond asks as you lead him on, "No no, that was our work much later. The rest...aaaah, the beginnings." Gond says, "When everything was freshly made. I think it went something like that, a lot of things happened at concurrently, or time was a little strange. The Incarnations can meddle with time as easily as anything else."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Oh? I was under the impression they decided on the Compact, and had it apply on them as well," Seira notes. "If time is still nonlinear to them, it just doesn't make any sense. When at any future point someone will come up with an Answer satisfying their criteria, that answer will be immediately available to them at the establishment of Creation. In that case, in their place from the very start I would either already have my answer or decide that it was unsolvable under the current conditions. Wouldn't you agree?"

And as the conversation turns even more interesting, Seira ensures that no one is able to casually overhear them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"The only thing I truly trust about the Incarnations is that I don't understand them," Is what Gond says, "I don't think they'd go to all this if they could do that, or do it decisively or maybe they're bored?" A shrug of his shoulders, "Take Elyssa. They didn't give me what I expected with her, then the Incarnation of Chaos gave her to me anew."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Things like that just make me wonder if maybe we've been misunderstanding what they wanted all along," Seira muses. "I have no idea how to actually ask Ao, or where to find the other two. And even if those who are actually allowed to time travel go back far enough, would either the Incarnation of Law or the Incarnation of Balance respond to them? Do you know if anyone's actually tried this?"

Anastasia

"Sure," Gond says, "It doesn't work - the Incarnations only see who they want to see, when they want to see them."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I don't suppose you ever got a chance to talk to the other two and could show me what happened?" Seira asks Gond.

Anastasia

"I've talked to them before," Gond agrees, "I suppose you never had the chance, did you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I came too late to the party," Seira agrees. "I don't suppose you could share a memory so I could try to get their measure? Something where you had a chance to interact with them individually, and not facing the three all at once?"

Anastasia

"I suppose I could, but you would owe me a favor," Gond says at last.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"So long as it doesn't go against my nature, sure thing," Seira agrees.

Anastasia

"Alright, then let's do this somewhere nicer and more private," Gond agrees.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

As they reach her palace, Seira leads them to a drawing room she hadn't had a chance to use before in all its existence. Some rooms are only there as they await a special occasion, after all!

Anastasia

As you go?

Seira, Moore sent a message about his project. He's about 2/3rd of the way complete by his estimation.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I've been working on it as well, we'll push it even farther in a couple days!

Anastasia

Ah, we do have more. Want me to send it to him, my love?
<Afina> Forever.