News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

An instant later, Seira is resting on the coins on her back as she makes golden angels with her arms.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Waukeen's laughter is heard as you do that, "Aaaah, I thought you'd like this," she calls. "Isn't it lovely?" Amid the jingle-jangle of coins you lie, so many of them around you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"It's delightful!" Seira calls back. "I often nap on my hoard, but it's a unique idea to make a spot for just gold and not as part of your prized possessions!"

Anastasia

"You're only the second dragon I've allowed here," Waukeen calls down, "Do enjoy it."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Oh? Who's the first?" Seira asks, flopping onto her stomach, and then her dragon form takes its rightful place over all of this gold.

Anastasia

"A servant who I said I'd do any one thing for them," Waukeen calls down, "He's still around here somewhere."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira's laughter carries far at that. "Nice! All I usually offer my followers who do well is more of the same, or a better challenge. Maybe I should look into just pure rewards."

Anastasia

"He does enjoy it so," Waukeen agrees.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Thanks for showing me this place," Seira tells Waukeen. "I'm almost sorry that I have to mix business with pleasure, now. Still, it's about time we did something about the Mercane situation, don't you think?"

Anastasia

"Mmmm?" A slow question, "Which part of it do you mean?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I recently discovered that Eligaas, one of Bel's trusted lieutenants, is part of the restructured Consortium, in tight with the new management. And I know I told you about how said new management approached myself and Alicia at the same time, asking to put a bank in our realms, but ignored my requests or any attempts to negotiate. My contacts with the Mercane suggest that a snubbing of that sort is quite rare. Of course, so are coups where the previous leader's soul is not even able to be retrieved...."

Anastasia

"I was there when Roelas dropped in," Waukeen notes, "The Mercane have been keeping quiet longer than usual this time." Slowly drumming fingers on her armrest, "He'd be protected, you'd have to go in heavy and expect hell as well as whatever Hell this devil provides."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm just saying that I got no response originally beyond a stock one, sent Sanzha over some time after to get a response and couldn't manage to open negotiations... and hells, the war is even over by now but I haven't heard back from them. And knowing who they have running things, not to mention being protected by a bunch of contracts and secrecy agreements? That makes things clearer for a change."

Seira glances over at Waukeen. "I don't suppose you've looked into the previous leadership? How doable is it for us to restore them?"

Anastasia

"It's not, not unless the current regime had a serious...setback," Waukeen says carefully, "Though more likely another faction would take control."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"So we shouldn't put our energy into tracking down their souls," Seira muses. "Fair enough. Do you have enough clout to throw this accusation in their faces publicly?"