News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Afterwards

Started by Anastasia, September 30, 2019, 12:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"She's in a rough spot, but Emily's not a rough person. Ianvasah might need some conflict to remind her of her strength."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Yeah." A grunt at that, "Like tossing her in a stream of cold water, a shock to the system." A pause for just a moment, "I have something that will suffice, something to turn her brain back on."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"Don't start a blood feud. I'll see you there in a bit."

Anastasia

Bastian nods and goes.

After a few beats, "I'm not sure if I'm less used to an orc that is smart, or him walking around without a shirt," Delaize murmurs quietly.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Feel free to explore both. On topic, how's the school doing? Have we established core curriculum and started classes yet?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Delaize says, "A simplified teaching since we're starting from scratch, but we hope to change that as we build up a better base and train more potential wizards."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "Good. Excellent. We can start the next step, then. I want to organize classes beyond magic. I'd like to set up a system of introductory classes followed by an aptitude test. We need some numbers run, though. I'd like to offer the introductory skills courses freely to everyone. Logistically, I think we'll need some level cost on the aptitude tests to cover the spread or the like. There's a great many people across the planes who are miserable in life because their paths lead away from their talents. I'd like to offer a chance to correct that.

But... Let's not forget we're a magic school. Let's roll magical aptitude in there too. A standardized entry test, perhaps?"

Anastasia

"Standardized? You mean the same test every time, nothing adjusted?" Delaize asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"A basic evaluation, yes. I think it'll help us find everyone's starting point. If the tests change with each evaluator, we'll see deviation in results. One may weigh something more than another thing. I don't mean within our advanced classes, but more as a... placement test? Simply to see where people are starting from and where their strengths and abilities naturally are. Access to education is rather restricted by monetary class in most places, after all. How many talented scholars might have lived in obscurity because they were born as farmers and never learned to read, for example?"

Anastasia

"I understand," Delaize does not argue, and instead says, "I will see it done."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Delaize, you're here to advise and minister. If you have input, I want to hear it. Always. Test it. Find the limits of what this can do, and then we can move from there."

Anastasia

"Very well. It's a terrible idea. Talent is not something you can treat the same every time," Delaize replies, "I've never seen two students who learn best in exactly the same way."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "Entirely true. My goal isn't to take advantage of it, simply to identify it. Do you have any other ideas?"

Anastasia

"Right now, no," Delaize says, "Unless you can make connections with more schools of mages...or I can," he says. "In fact, I know how I can."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Excellent. Give me your plan, but Delaize... Delegate. I need you flexible, not mired."