News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Walking to Rosewater

Started by Anastasia, October 01, 2019, 01:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Cool. Any particular means of finding Valnala?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

You netsplit hard on IRC, by the way.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'm aware.

We'll disguise ourselves to go incognito onto the stairs and show Vivantha's crown to whichever lillend we run into and ask them to point us to Valnala.

Anastasia

Thus you step onto the Infinite Stair and...

Go ahead and describe how you're disguised.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Knowing that she has a habit of being predictable when it comes to her disguises, Alicia has changed things up from her usual instincts on how to go about such things. She's taken the appearance of a young human woman or perhaps teenager with straight brown hair cut sharply above her neck and framing a face with plain features. To offset the plain face she wears a flashy low-cut top that shows off her belly, matched with shorts and long stockings on her lower half, a pair of short swords at her hips and a red cloak off her shoulders. Her figure's curvy yet fit looking and she carries herself like some kind of acrobatic swashbuckling fighter or rogue.

Of course her nondetection spell should keep most anyone from seeing what she really looks like or all the magic on her, though her gear is mostly low to mid grade magic items borrowed from Sylica for the occasion.

Anastasia

Jessica goes the opposite - a big, tall and muscular man. Her disguised form is bald and deeply tanned, skin the color of dark wheat. Her expression here seems set in a perpetual scowl, wearing toughened leather travel clothes, as well as battered, scarred leather gauntlets. In place of her rapier she has a greatsword slung across her back, a pair of heavy maces hanging from her belt.

"This should do well, sister," Jessica declares, voice deep and powerful, every inch fitting her current disguise.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'm not sure, I feel like anyone we see might try and rescue me from you," Alicia teases as they emerge onto the stairs from a doorway found in a currently abandoned fort on Ysgard, her own voice somewhat flat in its intonations.

"I do like this though," she says as she starts to descend the nearby staircase. "It always feels so liberating to go out with a new look."

Anastasia

Jessica smiles a little bit at that, "Sister," she says in that deep voice, "It's more revealing than you usually wear. It works for the look, though."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I like having a consistent wardrobe, but when I change my look I can go outside my usual comfort zone," she says. With sensual blessing she'll hear anyone else on the stairs long before they hear her, so she can afford to be a little loose-lipped at least for now. "Rather than sister you might call be niece or something... oh, for my name right now it's Kate. I'm putting forward the look of a talented young warrior trying to project her maturity by flaunting her body even though it actually makes her seem less mature."

Anastasia

"Niece," Jessica agrees, "I don't know, though, you look more like a Xanderella, sister. Regardless, I'm going for an older, grizzled warrior who has seen enough to know how the world works, or so he thinks. Though if you talk to him it turns out he's lonely more than anything else, but he'll never face it or admit it."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"How can he be lonely when he has a young beauty like me around him?" Alicia accuses, nudging Jessica with her elbow, then she nods in satisfaction. "That sort of provoking personality feels right."

Anastasia

"Do that, sister, I'll play the more serious type," Jessica agrees, "Just be good, niece, no trouble out of you."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Mmm. It might be a little while before we find any lillend, and longer still before we find Valnala. But walking these steps feels nostalgic, they saw a lot of use before I could just casually gate anywhere I wanted," she muses as they go.

Anastasia

"You did use them a few times, niece," Jessica says, and with a sour look, "Getting up to no end of trouble with them."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Good thing I did too old man, or you'd be hopelessly lost," she retorts with a cheeky look, clasping her hands behind her head as she walks.