News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

After the words

Started by Anastasia, October 29, 2019, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A pause as he mixes up a batter before, "It's...wood. It's not magic wood if that's what you think. It does well enough for fire, and hardwoods like that are used in furniture. If you traveled all the way to the Gates of the Moon just to find the wood here, you've gone to a lot of trouble."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa chuckles, "No, I'm being hosted in a demi-plane here. I'm out and about helping my friend. I'm sure wood soaked in moonlight is unique, even if only as a curiosity. I'd like to examine a few pieces, perhaps one would be suitable for use for carving or as part of one of my metal works."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Help yourself to the fallen branches then, or a few downed logs," your host calls back, as the smell of fresh, buttery pancakes fills the air.  "Go to the table, check the decanter there. It's shaped like a tree."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa goes for a snack before looking over the wood!

Anastasia

The syrup and pancakes are excellent - sweet and fresh and hot. As you eat your host sits opposite you, "The moonlight took you here, yet all you want are branches and lunch." Resting his head in a hand, "You're a curious woman."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Lunch and branches are what you offered. This isn't my land, and you're not my people. Who am I to demand more? I'm no bully or tyrant to force anything from you. I asked what this place was, and you told me. If you're lying or hiding something, that's your business. As long as whatever it is doesn't pose a threat to others.

But, even with that, consider the context. This place is in the Gates of the Moon. The realm of Selune and seat of her power. Selune, and her followers, are known to be fair and generally kind. The animals here approached you with no fear, meaning either they're abnormally intelligent or feel no danger. Or both. You felt safe and secure enough to sleep in the open, then invited a stranger in for lunch.

I'll trust that Selune has no tolerance for those treading on her hospitality or reputation. And so, whatever this place might, or might not be isn't something I'm going to push unless you desire to share."

Anastasia

As you eat your host listens, "Alright then, how about you share? What are you really looking for? You were guided here, so it's not something small. Selune works in ways we don't always understand, but usually not as opaque as this."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"My friend is on a mission. This portion of it requires us to meet a high ranking Lunatic. We'll eventually have to track down a powerful champion of Shar and fight it."

Anastasia

"What role does the Lunatic play in that?" Is the question you get.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa shrugs. "It's not my quest. I'm just fire support."

Anastasia

"Yet here you are. I am a Lunatic, or perhaps was," The man admits with a lopsided little smile, "I'm not sure if Lunatics get to retire."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'm a follower of Shaundakul. I travel the path, and paths always lead somewhere. My friend is going to the near by fortress. Should I call her here to meet you?"

Anastasia

"Aye, I think so," The man says at last.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

'Ianvasah, I've met a Lunatic. He's willing to meet you. He has flatcakes and syrup, too.'

Anastasia

'Really? Well, it's not been long, I can come back this way.'
<Afina> Forever.