News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Deep into the Infinite Stair

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Before that, if I can ask... do you know what the Arbiter is?" Alicia asks. It would've come up in her thoughts regarding Daa-vid's judgement after all, and the link between Arbiter and Incarnation of Balance remains unconfirmed.

Anastasia

The Guardian answers with, "It is a superior being. It is akin to an Incarnation. It feels of Balance, but it is not as strong as Balance. It is not all there."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Interesting. "You can tell it's weaker.. how much weaker?"

Were Alicia a betting woman she'd say a third.

Anastasia

"I do not know," Is the answer, "The Incarnations are beyond me to compare, but it is less."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Very well, thank you for indulging me," Alicia nods. "Come then Queen, sister. Lets see what we've won," she floats over towards the godseed, examining it without touching. Is it like Asmodeus's one-use one, or like Io's with multiple charges?

Anastasia

Like that, the Guardian is gone.

Queen hurries to it as you approach. The seed is there - you feel it. There are three charges in it, like Io's.

Jessica does the same as you, "Such a treasure," she whispers, "We have a promise to fulfill first, then we must decide on the rest, sister."

Queen reaches forward for it, hand shaking as she does.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"There are three of us, and it possesses three charges. This is entirely equitable," Alicia says, smiling at Jessica and at Queen, even if she and Jessica may not use them both themselves they can decide what to do with them later.

"Take what you're owed, Queen," she gestures invitingly, letting her go ahead.

Anastasia

Contact. Hand on seed.

In that moment Queen cries out as from her, a great wave of warmth and life goes forth. To Alicia's wizened mind she knows the touch of life itself, spreading throughout everything here, as if the entire plane was so infused.

"AH!"

Queen's voice from horizon to horizon, as before you the arena is gone. Queen's form is everywhere, the tendons and muscles, bones and blood, so much and more endlessly part of the plane. Yet this begins to recede, as magic flares, a flare of magic from her dissolving. Dark and terrible magic, a curse. A curse fulfilled and released at last on apotheosis, an abomination freed from her torment. All about you are the roots and ground now, as a whisper from afar, "My children, my servants. Your Queen has at last arrived."

Before you now stands a lillend of flesh and blood, no longer of wood. She is clad in the armor of a battle maiden, her face beautiful and wise. Her eyes shine a deep, rich green that matches her scales. "It's....so much was wrong and now all is put to right! My mind is clear for the first time in a thousand eons."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Was she an abomination? It didn't feel the same as the Neverborn, but perhaps... perhaps?

In any case, Alicia breathes a deep sigh of relief at seeing this apotheosis, this correction.

"I felt that would be the right thing to do, and I'm glad it came to pass. You passed the trial with us and earned this, Queen."

Anastasia

"All is right. My children," Queen closes her eyes, hands to her chest. "Thus I will make you all right."

Jessica watches with a gentle smile, "We all did," she concurs, "Now what, Queen?"

"I will stay here until all of my children are awake and aware," Queen says, eyes still closed, "I will mother them until they can stand on their own. When that day has come...I have many sister lillends to meet."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"We still owe you a tour of Sylica, but should you wish to remain here and help your children re-awaken, it should be safe and unnoticed by the evils of Creation for now," Alicia says. "I hope too that we can count on your friendship in opposing those evils. And if you need any help in mastering your new divinity or navigating the politics of the gods, we only await  your word."

Anastasia

"Thank you, Alicia." Queen extends her hand, "My friend."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Friends are a precious thing, and I'm proud to be yours," she reaches out to clasp the newly ascended lillend's hand.

Anastasia

Once done, "I believe - no, I know I can send you safely home now." Queen offers, "Would you like me to send you home?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Let me take this," Alicia creates a heavy burlap sack and places the godseed within. She considered putting it in her portable hole but something makes her reconsider - it's served well for all her storage needs for years, but even the chance that someone, anyone, is capable of a dimensional intrusion to steal from it makes her wary of putting something so precious and tempting within. "We'll decide what to do with the remainder back in Sylica. Now yes - please send us home, my friend."