News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Deep into the Infinite Stair

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"With that in mind, how would you truly help us find the truth, if it were important for us to find it?" Alicia asks, following the script.

2/5 questions used.

Anastasia

Here Valnala is silent a short time, as if in thought. She sits back, the tip of her tail flicking back and forth.

"Go down and have a lillend take you between the spaces, rather than being stuck to the stairs." IS the answer, "If you stay to the stairs, you'll never succeed."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

And yet the lillend haven't found it. Still, however this spell works and whatever it's driving towards she'll see where it leads. Next question, oh wise Bredanalundalum?

Anastasia

The question is this: We are superior to a lillend and have abilities above them, one would slow us down, so how can we travel between the stairs without one?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia frowns briefly at the question, wondering if she should reword it to be more polite. But no, she'll trust the spell and so she says with a gesture between herself and Jessica, "We are superior to a lillend and have abilities above them, one would slow us down, so how can we travel between the stairs without one?"

3/5 questions.

Anastasia

Jessica glances at you while Valnala stares a moment, gobsmacked. "How dare.." she begins, but stops. "No. What are you to make such a demand of me?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'd hoped to keep this excursion a secret, but I suppose all you'd have to do is ask Vivantha who she loaned her crown to..." Alicia's physique changes now as she reverts to her natural appearance, her clothes adjusting to fit while her divine aura is made manifest, a stirring sensation of conflict and exertion that suffuses the senses and brings the tantalising prospect of something more, of casting off what's unworthy, of being freed from limits and shackles.

DC 28 will or dazed.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+20 doesn't have her combat set ready
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=10]

"Aaah...!"

Valnala stares as Jessica reverts as well, at your side. She shakes before managing to rally herself enough to speak, "You are...!"

"We are," Jessica says softly, "Do you understand now, Valnala?"

With a visibly shaking hand reaches up to steady herself, right on her chest. "Divinity," she breathes, "Queen of the Battlefield," she rises and bows, "I am humbled."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The point made, Alicia's aura dissipates. "I apologise for the subterfuge, but if our interest in this matter were made evident it would draw attention that we'd rather not have on the staircase. I ask that you please not speak widely about our conversation," she says, her more natural cadence replacing the somewhat testy way she was speaking in the Kate persona or the recited manner she was repeating questions provided by the spell.

Anastasia

"It is no small matter," Jessica agrees. "We ask this only with great need."

Valnala closes her eyes several moments before, "Our ability to do so is our greatest gift," she admits. "There is a way to temporarily bestow it, and I would lend you what bestows it."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"For such a gift we would be in your debt," Alicia says, seeing what question the spell suggests next.

Anastasia

The question is thus: Would you like a small blessing in return?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She just said they'd be in her debt, and she doesn't see how that question advances them towards finding the bottom of the stairs. Still... "Would you like a small blessing in return?" she asks.

Lillend don't serve any deities in general do they? Since this'd probably be a Deific Gift.

4/5 questions.

Anastasia

Generally not, no. Some do serve various CG deities, but it's individual.

A pause, "...ah. You honor me," Valnala says, standing, "I only ask that any sisters of mine that come to you are treated with love and compassion."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She smiles, "You needn't even ask. Before I was a goddess, before I mastered magic to allow for easy traversal of the planes, I made use of these stairs and was treated kindly by all the lillend I met. I haven't forgotten that. Your request does you credit though - give me your hand?" she reaches out with her own.