News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Started by Anastasia, November 11, 2019, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"Then perhaps we should bring everyone." Moore says. "Lady Seira, what are your thoughts?"

Corwin

Now she's talkative!

To confirm, we can take a peek past any of the doors and so long as we don't complete the entire trial or die in the process we can leave and return with a different composition?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Yes, now stop acting like a scared child and more like a dragon.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"There? See, Moore? Even though she's pointlessly rude, Sylvie confirms that it's alright to take a peek. Let's start with my door?"

She opens the one with the Cauldron's symbol!

Nephrite

Moore can't help but smile a little as he waits to see what's there!

Anastasia

Amaryl frowns at that, "So hostile," she murmurs quietly. Meanwhile Xandra keeps her opinion to herself, though Ranbar looks offended.

"Let's just keep going?" Kascha says, as Seira opens the door. Ahead is a cliffside path, narrow and tenuous. From above a rain of screaming hot, white lava cascades down. Yet soft, puffy blue clouds absorb it, dissolving it overhead before it can come down and incinerate any on the path.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira's not afraid of a bit of lava, so she heads on! Checking for traps as she goes, of course. This is her path, after all.

Perception 10 for 105

Anastasia

Sure enough, there is indeed a trap - on the very first few steps. Reach there and your footsteps will cause the path to collapse, sending you tumbling down. Moreover, the air itself is trapped somehow - leave the ground and you'll regret it, the barrier above will open and the lava will cascade down to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Don't step on the bright-red spots," Seira cautions the others, illuminating the trapped areas. "Don't fly or float or otherwise do anything but walk. Follow in my footsteps as closely as you're able, please."

Anastasia

The path revealed will take some incredibly deft moves to transverse, you note. It won't be easy.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Ah, correction. Moore, can you help everyone with their agility? It'll take a bit of contortions, and while I'm fine let's play it safe for everyone."

Nephrite

Moore nods. "A moment."

Marshal aura for +15 to dex checks and he will Inspire Excellence for dex for a total of +19!

Corwin

Time to show everyone the proper way ahead!

Good Hope is +2 morale to ability checks, unless Inspire Excellence is morale?

Nephrite

It is competence!

Anastasia

Cool. Dex checks all. For every size in either direction you're removed from medium, you suffer a -7 penalty to the check, due to being too big or too small.
<Afina> Forever.