News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Started by Anastasia, November 11, 2019, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"You... can't control it anymore, can you?" Moore says as he flies through the light, trusting in it to know where to go.

"Yes, you make a lousy martyr." Moore says as he flies. "I know you believe the truth that this can't end well for any of us, and it's wrong. Let us save you."

Anastasia

Ahead. With Alyssa guiding others and the rest proceeding on, ahead.

It sits on a throne of light and diamond. The book Sylvie used when she summoned 21, the form it took for her. It is there, all the light radiating from it.

A flicker.

A ghostly, washed out, half gone image of Sylvie. She holds the book to her chest, eyes closed.

"...Moore....everyone. I'm sorry. I thought I had more time. I thought I could manage 21 longer. I held on long enough, but only barely. I'm here to ask you one final favor, to signal the end of the beginning."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa glances at Moore, "Remember what we did with Ianvasah? Perhaps..."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

"Absolutely not." Moore says. "Let go of 21 and go back to being Sylvie." Moore says. "Stop believing in a truth that is filtered through the understanding of the Incarnations. There is always hope."

Moore nods to Alyssa. "Yes, I agree. This time, We're the ones who get to be selfish and indulgent, Sylvie. Believe in us to save you."

Ebiris

"You've done more than most," Alicia says, squinting through the light. End of the beginning sounds ominous though, it suggests things are going to escalate in a way they may not be ready for. "What do you need?"

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa strides up next to Moore, "Same way? Except you and the others focus on her and I try to bring her back?"

Anastasia

"It's too late..." Sylvie trails off, "I gave everything to 21. 21 wasn't ever meant to be used by a mortal...but a mortal was the only way to temper it, to guide it for what needed to be done in the days ahead. It...it was never meant to be me. I had the right mind to destroy the Child of Lifasa. A mother who hated her own child and what it said of her..."A  laugh, a sad one, flickering in and out of audibility.

"Thank you, but stop. Moore. Please stop. I've given myself to 21 in every way. This is just...this is just the last of me, holding on to finish this one final task. Please." A breath, "In this book is everything you need from me, every bit of lore and knowledge that will help you is engraved into these pages of 21. Every hope I have that Creation will be saved. Every hope I have poured into 21. It's ready now. When I vanish...don't mourn me. Instead, take the book, take 21. Do not bear it, do not open it, do not read it. Take the book to Chronias. The promises I made to all of you will be fulfilled there."

"This story, the story of our Creation? It's...it's his to tell, and it's finally time for that to be heard." Sylvie sighs softly, flickering in and out of visibility.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"... Moore, remember making the Beyond ones into Creation? How about... Making 21 into Sylvie? She gave everything to it, so she exists with in it, right? Flip that. Make her... More so that she can?"

Corwin

"It sure sounds like there's enough of you here to bring back," Seira says, shaking her head. "Fight back with us with some of that hope you say you've poured into 21!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

He takes in a breath.

Then again, as he wipes something from his eyes.

"You're right about one thing, I won't mourn you. There is always hope. Rest, now, and let us bear this burden. I still have too many things to yell at you about for you to get off that easily, so expect that rest to be interrupted."

If there's anyone who has the power to help them, it's Him.

He turns to Alyssa. "I think you're right and that it'd be possible, but I have faith that the person we're going to see soon can help facilitate that." A smile after that, "I'm too stubborn to just give up."

He looks over at Seira.

If now is a good time for prayer, he's never had a better one.

'Zaphkiel, please, help us save her!'

Ebiris

"Sylvie, I understand and I'm grateful," Alicia says, her voice more tempered. "But please, let them try. You don't yet know everything in Creation, there might be a way..."

She doesn't want to encourage false hope but if Moore and Alyssa are so determined to try something they've figured out, is there really any harm in it?

Anastasia

Silence.

"If mortal means could stop 21...we would not be so desperate as we are now." Sylvie speaks.

"...promise me you'll do as I said." Sylvie goes on. "Do not bear 21. Do not open 21. Do not read 21. Please." Sylvie flickers again, less and less of her visible by the moment.

Be not afraid, Moore. Bring her and 21 to me.

This time the Gates will open.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa looks a little smug at this, "Seems you over-estimate your own wisdom. I don't know you, Sylvie, but I've met your son once. You've got work to do still, so let's get moving."

Nephrite

"Hold on just a little longer. Seira, Alicia, please take ALL of us to Zaphkiel with your divine will. It'll work, I promise."

Anastasia

Sylvie bows her head and fades away entirely with a final sigh. 21 sits there, awaiting.
<Afina> Forever.