News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Reaching out

Started by Anastasia, November 21, 2019, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A slow nibble of her treat before Lady Sanzha says, "She's a lovely actress, don't you think?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"That bad, huh?" He asks. "I heard about a soiree some months ago that General Afina from Aurora attended, where she was asked to personally kill a devil at a reception. Things like that..." Moore shakes his head. "I couldn't do it -- that sort of thing. I wear my heart on my sleeve too much."

Anastasia

Another nibble, "It was just a devil," Sanzha says, offhandedly. "Do you care about one that much when it doesn't have a sword in hand?"

At that Jetina frowns, "There's a difference between killing an enemy and killing a prisoner. A large difference, one of morality and honor. It's wrong to kill a defenseless opponent, unless they've been dutifully sentenced to death by the law."

"The Padisha is the law." Sanzha's retort, "Thank you for agreeing with the Padisha's actions."

"...That wasn't..." Jetina frowns deeply.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smiles a little and looks over at Jetina. "It's a rather common tactic to make a spectacle out of something like that in order to be a show of force as well as a reminder to those to sit up straight, as it were."

A pause here. "I don't disagree with you over your sentiment. It fits with the narrative that the Padisha's court has set, I think." He turns back to Sanzha. "It's not entirely different than what I imagine a lot of fey courts do, really, if they caught an Unseelie in their midst. Hm... If the opportunity ever presented itself, could you see yourself back on that throne again? Ah, if that's too personal a question..."

Anastasia

"Why Moore," Lady Sanzha's smile is cool, "If you seek to get to know me that well, I believe you'll make your darling little Ilsenine jealous. How is she, by the way? I'd have thought she'd be your lovely wife here."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smiles at that. "She has her duties to Lifasa like I have mine here. We spend time with each other when we can. I try to visit her and not cause too much scandal when I visit. It would be nice to not feel like I'm the only pixie on the entire Mountain, I admit, were she to be here."

Anastasia

"Then get her to come here, hang your duty." Ilsenine finishes her food and rises, "You only live once."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I see royalty takes many forms.

"I understand your sentiment, but you know that last part isn't exactly true." He says with a broad grin.

Anastasia

"I suppose," Lady Sanzha remarks, "That your love for her is like a stagnant pond. Perhaps pretty from a distance, but it changes the world none at all."

At this Xandra steps forward, "Watch yourself, my lady," she warns, "Do not speak harsh words here."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Xandra, it's fine." Moore says with a bright smile. "She doesn't mean it to be insulting to me." He turns back to Sanzha. "Your words are accepted as they are meant to be, Lady Sanzha. I thank you for speaking them."

Even she's a romantic, huh?

Moore wonders if she's secretly friends with Villisa.

Anastasia

A simple look back, "Regardless, I do believe I've studied enough. I'll return another day soon, after incorporating what I've learned thus far."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Please, feel free at any time. You are always welcome here." Moore says with a smile.

Anastasia

Okay, anything to do before tomorrow?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

You still owe me a loot post. Other than that, nothing of note.

Anastasia

Okay, I am whipped towards that.

* Anastasia whimpers.

For real, that's a todo and otherwise we're good here. Get any self prep ready ahead of time for otmorrow.
<Afina> Forever.