News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Chronias

Started by Anastasia, December 17, 2019, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"It is not Io, for we created him long ago," Zaphkiel explains, "The second, and the one I mainly Compete against, is Asmodeus. The third part is broken and lies in ruin, yet the most intact and least damaged fragment of that is the one you know as Primus."

"My Lord," Latha speaks now, "How did this come to pass? How could an Incarnation be broken?"

"I think I understand why already," Amaryl speaks up here, "Good and evil did it. The reason why 21 was made was to help understand what surprised even the Incarnations."

To Alicia the answer is simple, "Yes, though none of us are close to as we were as the Incarnation of Law. We cannot return to wholeness, because we cannot satisfy the question that originally divided us. We are trapped by the question of good and evil, so we play out this question eternally. The Arbiter and the Neverborn both spoke truth, though hidden and carefully disguised. There now only stand two Incarnations over Creation, and the Incarnation of Balance has been caged. It is bent to Ao's will. In essence Ao is the only and supreme ruler to Creation now, and he treats it as he sees fit."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"So... what would it take to break Balance free?"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Though she was shocked by the casual confirmation of her theory, Seira can't help a happy fist pump as her mind clears. "Primus had a different presence," she murmurs, before blinking. "Ah, before we get to Balance, what sort of powers did you retain? Can you still approve a rising would-be deity instead of Ao? What if you and Asmodeus agreed on someone rising?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"A great deal - and that is the ultimate crux of our plan and hopes, Alyssa. That will come in due time, there is much more to discuss before that." Zaphkiel explains, "We do not, save for those positions we fill for our direct servants: The Hebdomad and the Lords of the Nine. Too much was lost, but there are hopes and ways to gain divinity yet, for its power will be needed to accomplish the tasks I will ask you to complete."

A blink.

In Zaphkiel's extended hand is a divine seed. "One method is one you have found before. Shortly before Ao's plan broke us into three, the Incarnation of Balance and I discussed new strategies to produce the Answer. We had used divinity in a rigid way until then, so we decided another approach may be productive. The Incarnation of Balance created many divine seeds and hid them in the most remote, lost locations in Creation. A hero who finds the means to enter and return from Chronias would be worthy to face a trial for a divine seed."

A beat, a mere moment.

"Or a hero who finds a forgotten copy and a forgotten race, and who challenges the Guardian there to liberate the soul of a victim."

As the divine seed shines brightly, "Asmodeus and I have labored long to locate the other divine seeds, we know where most are. We are not capable of taking them ourselves, for the Guardians are sufficient to check us as we are now, save for each in our home domain."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"The hidden room in creation. It must hold one, or some critical piece of information on how to create them."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Ebiris

"The Guardians aren't limited in power like us, they can match any challenge... and against a fragment of an Incarnation they wouldn't hold back?" Alicia speculates. "I don't think they can be made to help us though, they only care to follow the orders left for them by the Incarnation who created them. And if we had an Incarnation to give new orders... well, we wouldn't need mere guardians."

Corwin

"You're providing us with information about the divine seeds you know," Seira says slowly. "That's what you mean, isn't it? You want us all to have the chance to ascend if we so wish?"

Anastasia

"Desperate times and desperate measures," Sylvie speaks up here, "One's another way. A way free of any other being's limitations, but fundamentally dangerous."

"It may be so, Alyssa. I know where many of the seeds are, but not all." Zaphkiel agrees, "We have searched, but the ways and means the Incarnation of Balance hid them are not easy for even us to overcome, not as we are now. I would seek this hidden room along with your other goals, Alyssa, in case your suspicion bears fruit. It may be that Asmodeus inspired you towards that for his own aims. We cooperate in this matter, but it is his nature to vex me."

Then to Alicia, "That is correct. They are not Incarnations, but they are not limited as we made the mortals and the divinities of Creation. Their will is sufficient to enact whatever they wish to see happen. They are tightly restricted for that reason, and it is difficult to use them to our advantage."

Then finally to Seira, "Yes. That power will be needed, though it is your choice if you choose to pursue it." The Lord of the Hebdomad agrees. "More, divinity is seen as coming with many responsibilities, and we Incarnations enforce that. However, it is not impossible for a single deity, particularly one who rose as One but that is not mandatory for it, to simply not pursue worship and followers. Eblis was such. In these times, should you merely wish the power but not the responsibilities, the divine seeds or One will be enough for that. Though you will only be able to grow stronger with further divine seeds that way, rather than through the Competition."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The Competition is a distraction, but is it actually harmful to engage in it? To us or to Creation itself?" Seira inquires, attempting to demystify these matters that have long bothered her. "You mentioned One as well. It favors the more outgoing types, according to information presently available to us, yet the core of One should suit a studious introvert quite well. Can you help us figure out more details we're missing there and make the ritual more accessible to us? Is there any issue with sharing a divine seed or the One process with someone not covered by your aegis of protection from Ao's watchful eye, such as, say, our youngest?"

Anastasia

Letting Moore catch up, just to be clear.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Ive read up to now! Feel free to keep going even if I am slow.

"So, I guess I have a question... if Ao is directly empowering Shar, how do we start to erode that? Is the expectation that we just fight against her and her minions and eventually weaken her enough, or does Ao's power prevent even that?"

Anastasia

"It is not, so long as you do not lose sight of your ultimate goal. It is not that Creation's needs are unimportant, but so many things distract from our ultimate purpose," Zaphkiel explains, as you begin to notice something. Occasionally prayers leave behind a faint residue as they pass, and this residue begins to solidify in time. Into various shining metals, ones that resemble gold, silver and platinum.

"I already took care of One," Sylvie says, "There's enough lore in 21...or in my head." She reaches up to tap it, "It won't solve the underling problem, but it will help anyone reach that peak."

"In the Beyond, the ability to project outward and define things is paramount," The former Incarnation continues. "That trait is closest to the will a sorcerer excels in to command their magic, or the force of personality that powers a cleric's channeled energies, or a paladin's smites. There are means to mitigate it, but not change that underlying truth."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Is there merit to myself or Amaryl undergoing the ritual, if we don't intend to seek out another Creation in the Beyond?" Seira decides to ask. It's already looking like three of her companions would require a seed, though at least that should be covered by said seed. Maybe. Actually, come to think of it--

"Sorry, I just realized something. Do divine seeds do anything for you? If not, Asmodeus should still be weaker now after the God-King's judgement. Isn't it a good chance to strike at him? And speaking of countering Shar, why isn't 'find several divine seeds and give them to Selune so she could overpower Shar' a plan you're already trying? Are you afraid that Ao will counter it by fiat?"

Anastasia

"It is a contingency if all else fails," Zaphkiel says, "That should you fail but survive, you may yet find something beyond this Creation." A look to Moore, "One hope is that if all else fails, that at least the concept of hope will survive the end of Creation."

As for the rest, "They do not, we are beyond such things even as we are now. Asmodeus is weakened, but not in that way. We are not quite like the divinities we created, even broken apart." A pause here, the faintest hint of sorrow beneath his calm. "No. Loathe as I am of him, this is not the time to strike at him. His cooperation is vital, for without it our enterprise is doomed. We cooperate in this out of the most desperate need, not out of desire."

"It is possible it would be countered, but more that Selune is strong enough, and ultimately she is not the chosen weapon for this." Zaphkiel continues. "She will play a role against Shar, but Shar's defeat is not the end of this. It is time to speak of how we hope to save Creation."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Shar is the weapon, not the wielder," Alicia agrees gravely. "How did Chaos manage to cage Balance and sunder Law?"