News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Destiny now lies in the hands of...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Sylvie or Kascha should be able to get the one from the Abyss easily since they've been there before," she nods to Latha. "And yes, Naeys has been reporting dangerous omens that make me think an attack from Shar is coming soon, nevermind trouble with the Abyss that's come up recently and whatever problems come from jealous and inquisitive seekers of divinity.

"So with that in mind, the one here in Ysgard. We'll have to brave Jormungandr's lair and face a guardian just like it. I think it's possible with myself, Syala, and Antenora to handle this one."

Anastasia

"Shortly," Antenora says, "I need to meet with Sylvie first, but this will not take long."

"What about the rest of us, Alicia?" Latha asks, "Defend Sylica in case of treachery?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Yes, don't go far - our trip to Jormungandr may be an ordeal but I don't think it'll be a long one," Alicia says to Latha. "After we return with a seed and use it we can decide how to divide our labour with the others."

"Also I really need to go see Mystra before we wait too long on this," Marie speaks up. "She needs to know what I've become."

Alicia nods understandingly. "Latha got to see Zaphkiel, it's only fair. I promise we won't hold you back long, Marie."

Anastasia

"Then for now, we're decided," Antenora rises and...

Give me what you want to do in order, Alicia.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

While Anty talks to Sylvie I'll send Avatarlicia to give Valnala her statue back.

As soon as Anty's done, she, Syala, and Alicia will go visit Jormungandr's lair.

Anastasia

We'll cover that real quick, but first one thing.

As you go to prepare your avatar? You find that by your other semi formed avatars sits a golden statue of an angel, kneeling in supplication and with their hands opened up, as if offering something above. A crystal rests in the angel's hands.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It's not like her active avatar hangs around the unformed ones, she's always busy doing things around Sylica too!

But still Alicia notices this and visits the statue in the sealed and warded cave deep beneath Sylica where she grows her avatars, examining the statue and crystal for magic.

Take 10 for 65 on spellcraft.

Anastasia

Before you can, when you visit?

Lixer's avatar was not hastened solely by nepotism.

It is one fragment we retain the knowledge and ability to do. An ability we largely forebear, but circumstances as they are demand we hold nothing back.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I see. Why is it forborne and what consequences will arise from using it now?

Anastasia

Agreement, for should it spread that we can do it, it will raise too many questions and complications. Neither of us wished it so, but agreed to use it to these purposes.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Indeed, I don't think I'll be showing off excess avatars in the short term but having them in reserve is useful. How do I use this?

She reaches out to pick up the crystal.

Anastasia

Merely touch it and focus your will on it. I will provide others this as they need it as well. Your caution speaks to your wisdom - prepare them, but do not use them frivolously.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia turns then to her two partially-formed avatars with the crystal held up between herself and them before she asserts her will upon it to make those doll-like figures real.

Anastasia

It's not terribly hard - before your eyes they grow, becoming more and more complete by the minute.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia continues to focus on the crystal until either it stops working/crumbles to dust or her avatars become active.