News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Ahead lies the great light that...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Come with me for this, Moore," Cresiel asks, "I would not face it alone."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Of course." Moore says with a smile and a gesture, before they're off to see a dragon!

Well, a godlike dragon, but a dragon nonetheless.

Anastasia

Thus you head to Io's lair.

You walk up with Cresiel, the solar silent and yet hurrying. He does not slow in the slightest, his steps fast.

As you approach, Io looms before you and merely calls, "Moore, you return again."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Lord Io." Moore bows. "I did not expect to come here before I had finished my own matters, but matters are such that they require. Is the power from seed from Celestia still possible to be utilized?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Io says, "Seira just took her charge, but two remain."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Then Cresiel is here to claim the second." A pat on his shoulder at that.

"I always expected I'd be the one to go first and tell everyone else what to expect, but it would seem that duty falls at your feet." He says with a gesture for Cresiel to go forth.

Anastasia

"I will claim our part of the seed," Cresiel announces, simple and to the point.

Io merely studies Cresiel a time, "Are you certain?"

"My duty, my need and my soul all agree on this." Cresiel does not flinch from that gaze, but after a moment he lowers his gaze away from Io's. "For Creation's sake."

"Spoken like a self sacrificing archon," Io concurs, as the divine seed appears.

> roll 1d20+31
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 42 > [d20=11]

Nothing.

A moment where Cresiel does not move, does not act.

"Some find the path to Chronias rockier than others," Cresiel says at last, "Others are called to a path as long as the horizon and thrice as distant." His hand reaches out, ever so slowly going for the seed. "I know if I accept this, that I will not pass there, not until the last day." He hesitates before it, "I am not as Latha was, who craves it with every moment, Moore. But nor do I wish never to go, to endure these endless eternities where we know now the Answer is the final prize. When I saw the light of Chronias before me, I knew that I wished to go there when my service is complete, both in this and in what lies ahead of me."

"With this, I know that my service will never end until the end." Yet Cresiel lays his hand on the seed. "Lord Zaphkiel help me," he murmurs as he makes contact.

Reality. Potential. Becoming. All of it flows through Cresiel at that contact, as you feel his nature rise and expand, as Cresiel himself feels like more.

Cresiel gains divine rank 0.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore gives him a quiet clap. "It doesn't feel like I'm congratulating you enough for accepting a burden such as this, but I hope that my meaning and intention are understood." He says. "Congratulations. I know that as long as we are together, we will continue to strive to make Creation better than it was yesterday."

Anastasia

"It will be done," Cresiel agrees. Even his voice sounds like more now, something about it resonant and overwhelming in a way it never was before.

It will be done.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Ah, got the hang of that already? I've been thinking about my own, since my preferred 'color' is already taken..." A smile and a shrug at that. "So what's the first thing on your list to accomplish?"

Anastasia

"To go forward," Cresiel says simply, "To go to our friends and return home."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Then home it shall be. You're going to have to come up with a good title for yourself, by the way. Something like 'Cresiel, the Bulwark of Hope.'"

Another bow to Io and he gestures to return them home!

Anastasia

You return home. Cresiel immediately strides forward without comment, your friends waiting.

"Oh..." Jetina murmurs, "That's another and I...is that what I should do?"

Kaja meets him and nods, a hand offered. A handshake, strong.

Xandra merely watches as Sylvie approaches and says, "Is it worth it for you?"

"It will be." Cresiel says, simply.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore raises a hand up. "There isn't any 'should' or 'shouldn't'. There are multiple paths forward. Jetina, I know you've been thinking about what you should do a lot, and we haven't really had time to get much of an answer. Why don't we do that while Sylvie works on what she wants to talk to Antenora about?"

Anastasia

"I came up with my own answer," Jetina smiles, "I've been thinking and I have it now."

In that instant you feel it, a connection to Jetina growing strong.

Node upate.
<Afina> Forever.