The laughter of oblivion

Started by Anastasia, February 13, 2020, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[19:49] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+15
[19:49] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+15 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{20}

Anastasia

"Truly dangerous," Sulia says, "May is optimistic, is it not?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"It probably is," Alicia agrees. "But I'd rather have people looking for hypothetical divine seeds scattered across the planes than trying to find some secret buried in Sylica or inside my head. I'm not the only one who was made privy to this knowledge so you can expect to see a rash of other ascensions soon if not already."

Anastasia

"This will start trouble everywhere if it spreads," Sulia agrees in quiet thought after. "I know of Moore and Cresiel, and I hear things from the Cauldron. Will there be others? Have so many also mastered Antenora's secret?"

"No," Antenora shakes her head minutely, "Only the greatest of us all stand much chance to succeed that way. I'm more concerned that some foolish soul learns of it and seeks the Far Realm, only to bring disaster into Creation."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"There are three other... groups, lets say, other than the Cauldron and Moore and Cresiel's group," Alicia says. "While it should become obvious soon who they all are, it's not really my place to speak of the ones still keeping a low profile since we share a benefactor. I don't particularly agree with the choices made, but I have to respect the source of this knowledge," she frowns over her tea. "I know you're interested and I value your support against Shar and against Hell, so I may soon call on you to help with obtaining one of those seeds and to share in its bounty. And speaking of Hell... Asmodeus has the same information, and has charged Bel and Gathgorian with collecting and using these seeds as well - they did the same thing Antenora did, under Eblis's tutelage. That's part of what we're up against."

Anastasia

"Peace, how briefly you breathed amid us," Empress Sulia laments, "If not another war, there will be chaos and there will be violence from this. The stakes and rewards are too high."

"Far too high," Antenora concurs. "It is like a gold rush, only with far higher stakes and powers involved. I fear gold will be seen in Sylica's hills."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"At least Moore and Cresiel are making a splash to direct some attention away from us... perhaps Bel and Gathgorian are being wise by staying to the shadows, but the seeds are a vanishingly finite resource. Soon they'll be gone and everyone will have to Compete as before if they wish to advance," Alicia says. "That's why we must be bold and elevate each other to be seen."

She lowers her teacup and goes for a sugar-powdered biscuit next. "Still that wasn't why I invited you, though it's good to share news. You were planning something big on Daun, weren't you?"

Anastasia

Antenora helps herself to one as well, "No one wants to see Demogorgon win."

"No one," Sulia says, "I've secured cooperation or at least quiet agreements not to interfere in this from others - Mephisto's mages and stoics of particular note, though I have no doubt they'll expand their own interests independently if opportunities are provided. I want to make a large thrust against the Aboleths, strike a blow that will set them back for a generation. Too many have fallen to them, a respite will allow the world to marshal its strength anew."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Do you want a more potent commitment than the forces we currently have there?" Alicia asks. "Avatars? Proxies?"

Anastasia

"Proxies, I'd believe. I'd rather not up the stakes to avatars and face Demogorgon. The only answer to that would be defeat or escalation," Sulia says at last, "I'd rather not reduce this to a battle of the divine, this is the focus of mortals saving their own world. One my proxies will be there in case Demogorgon escalates."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"This would have been good to send Marie at before but now she's ineligible," Alicia frowns a little. "I could pull Ebony away from Aurora for a little bit. She's not as up on the Daun situation but she can follow your lead and her magic and bardic talents are considerable. Otherwise I could appoint Strength of Light as my proxy for a little bit and he can lend more brute strength to things. Which would work best for you?"

Anastasia

"Strength of Light," There's no hesitation to that, "He'll do best, this needs a military focus."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"He helped train most of our forces on Daun so it'll hearten them to see him again," Alicia smiles. "I'll have him ready to go by the end of the day."

So Strength of Light will be made a proxy for this. I'll give him the Alter Size SDA for the job.

Sylica's realm defence will go down by 3% and Aboleth Empire on Daun gets a 3% bonus from him being shifted around.

Anastasia

Sure. Any other behind the scenes prep for this?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Actually yeah. Give Strength of Light a care package too.

Tablet of Armaggedon: As a full round action (prohibits swift/immediate actions on same round) summons 2d3 Astral Devas immediately, on the third round summons 1d2+1 Tulani Eladrin, and on the fifth round summons one Solar. While maintaining the summons the user must hold the tablet and cannot perform other actions. After 5 minutes the tablet shatters and the celestials vanish. The user suffers 10 points of ability damage to all ability scores (will not reduce any below 1) which cannot be healed magically.

He can give this to someone on Daun that can use it to good effect during a pivotal battle.

Give him this as well:

Demnossa: This pair of heavy adamantine bracers was recovered in the caves around Demon's Valley, the previous owner of them nowhere to be seen. When worn by a character with a base Strength of 24 or less, they are treated as carrying a heavy load and gain no benefits. When worn by a character with a base Strength of 25 or higher, they grant a +2 bonus to Strength and multiply the wearer's carrying capacity by factor of 10.
Yet the true powers of Demnossa only emerge when worn by a character with a base Strength score of 25 or higher, as well as at least 10 levels of a class with good base attack bonus progress (as a fighter) and the Great Ability (Strength) feat. They gain the above bonus to Strength and carrying capacity, as well as an iron body spell (caster level 24th) at all times.
For the sake of this, a character's base Strength score is their Strength score, including any permanent bonuses but before any other bonuses, such from magical items.

He qualifies for the full effect. He may not want iron body in a naval battle but for a fight at the bottom of the sea it might actually be handy. Also iron body probably helps with weird creepy aboleth mucus stuff.