The laughter of oblivion

Started by Anastasia, February 13, 2020, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Always a serious consideration.

With that done Sulia rises, "Thank you, Alicia. Now I only have one more question: You asked for my aid soon?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Yes, within the next couple of days I might have an excursion which you can assist with. I won't be able to give you the full details until it's time but within three days at most," Alicia answers, standing up.

Anastasia

Sulia leans forward and kisses your forehead, "Thank you, Alicia," she says, "Until that time."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She takes that kiss with good grace and smiles back at Sulia. "We'll be in touch soon."

Rest of the day is basically celebrations + sending Strength of Light off.

Assuming no interruptions next day is going to Bytopia with Latha and either Jessica or Marie, availability of Jessica pending.

Anastasia

Jessica won't be available, she's still busy.

Okay then, so Alicia, Latha and Marie. Any prep for this?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

First of all what do we know about Memorial?

Take 10 for 102 on a mega-buffed planes check (greater heroism, guidance of the avatar, divine insight, greater visage of the deity).

Anastasia

Not much. Information about Bytopia is pretty scarce on the ground.

You do recall those that visit feel a sense of loss once they leave, of mourning. The entire realm has a certain haziness to it, a sense of sorrow like a thick blanket.

You blink. Didn't Antenora just send you something? Why are you thinking about such a pointless thing instead of what Antenora said? Wait, you were thinking about Bytopia because you have to visit the Memorial there.

Alicia shakes her head.

Mourning. Loss. Sorrow. The two skies that touch to become one realm. Memorial. A memory of what was lost.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

What did Antenora send her?

Anyway, she's with Latha and Marie as they prepare to set off. "Are you two both ready? All settled into your new abilities?" she asks.

"I am," Marie says. "Most of my divine power is spread out into my portfolio rather than flashy abilities. Wide roots grow a tall tree!"

Anastasia

Be strong, Alicia.

"As am I," Latha agrees. "We will triumph."

"You will," Syala agrees as she appears at your side. "Alicia?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I will. Thank you.

"Yes Syala?" she asks as they see to their last minute preparations.

Anastasia

Syala pulls you into a searing hot kiss, holding you tight for several seconds until she lets you go. "Come back victorious," she declares in a low voice, just for you. "There's still so much we have to do."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie politely averts her eyes while Alicia returns that kiss, giving Syala a tight squeeze in her arms.

"We will. And if any trouble happens here we'll drop everything and come running," she promises, letting go of Syala.

Anastasia

Latha does the same, but...

They care for each other so, Marie. It's heartening to see.

Meanwhile Syala returns that, "I know," she says, "Until then."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

They're a cute couple! Marie replies.

"Be back soon. Now then... to Bytopia," Alicia says to Marie and Latha, opening a Gate to the Memorial there.

Marie will offer out Epic Mage Armour (CL 35, +22 armour AC) to anyone who wants it.

Alicia will offer mind blank (CL 36) to all.

Will save serious buffs for when we're closer to the place.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia HP: 724/724
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 35), extended mind blank (CL 36), extended nondetection (CL 36), greater heroism (CL 35), extended ray deflection (CL 36), epic mage armour (CL 35), sensual blessing (CL 35), foresight (CL 35), keen edge (CL 35 on sword)
Defences: AC 71, CMD 93, spell resistance 50, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 51)
Stat buffs/penalties: +4 morale skills/attack/saves, +10 armour AC, +25 competence perception, +2 insight AC/ref
Perceptions: Arcane sight, 3 mile tremorsense/blindsight/scent perception +81
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/15/8/9/15/9/8/8/8/7/6/7/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/23/23/21/11/7/14

Marie HP: 665/665
Active spells: Moment of prescience (CL 35), extended mind blank (CL 35), extended nondetection (CL 35), greater heroism (CL 35), extended ray deflection (CL 35), epic mage armour (CL 35), greater arcane sight (CL 35), sensual blessing (CL 35), bibliotheca arcana (CL 35)
Defences: AC 83, CMD 86, spell resistance 50, energy immunity (fire and sonic), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 50)
Stat buffs/penalties: +4 morale skills/attack/saves, +25 perception, +15 insight knowledge
Perceptions: Arcane sight, 1 mile tremorsense/blindsight/scent perception +80
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/10/10/9/8/9/9/8/8/8/7/5/6/6/4

Anastasia

Both will take them, I'll do spoiler blocks in due time.

The portal opens - to a flooding torrent of icy cold waters, gushing out vast, pressurized and potent, spraying out from the portal.

Latha brings up her shield to protect herself while calling, "What manner of interception is this?"
<Afina> Forever.