Labalyn's memorial

Started by Anastasia, February 17, 2020, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"I think you can always expect to find someone in their home, if you think about it." Moore says. "But, if you mean to say, 'you didn't expect to get my attention,' then I can understand that. But, to be honest with you, I'm just as much a stranger to the rest of Creation as you are here, so I want to take time to meet my 'neighbors,' as they were."

Anastasia

A quick breath before, "Well, I'm hardly a neighbor," he admits, "Just a traveler passing through."

Meanwhile the rest of the tavern turns to watch, some more obvious than others.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Well, still." Moore says.

Hm, should he have made this conversation private? ...No, there's merit in it being public. It gets his message out better, as well as what he wants to do.

"I'm glad you came." Moore says. "Honestly, I've been looking for ways to get my own message out there. If you'd be willing to do me a favor and take some of my tomes on who I am and what I represent back to where you came from, you can consider myself indebted to you."

Anastasia

A moment's consideration before he nods, "It sounds like a fair deal," he says at last. "Where do those books go?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"To whomever you think needs a bit of hope and inspiration." Moore says. "That's what I do - it's what makes me... me, you know? So spreading the word of who I am will help me, and in turn help me help people."

Anastasia

A sit back and a long breath blown out, "I accept," he says, "I'll spread your books around. How many do you have?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Huh, that's a good question, isn't it...

So, here's a question: Can Moore create something like a bag of holding, except that it can only contain, say, good items or something like that? A regular bag of holding is 2,500 gold, which I'd assume he could manage, but I wanted to add the caveat that way it'd fall under his actual portfolio.

Basically, he'd want to just hand him a free bag of holding filled with his own divine dogma / inspirational books and so on and so forth.

Anastasia

It's pretty borderline but I'd allow it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I mean worst case, he can just buy a bag of holding from one of the merchants!

A bag appears in between the two of them.

"This has several hundred books in it, on my dogma, who I am and what I represent, and things of that nature." Moore explains. "Should you ever run out, feel free to come back here and I can fill it up easily enough." He says.

Anastasia

The bag is taken, "...Do I get to become a saint if I succeed?" he asks, "I've heard that happens here, and I've heard of a living saint before."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore blinks, then smiles rather broadly. "It takes a little more than that, I'm afraid. Actually, I think if you read one of the books, you'll start to get an idea of the path you'd need to take for that sort of thing."

Moore turns to look out the window. "There's many different paths someone's life can take. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't become... look inside yourself and follow the path you believe in." He turns back to him. "If the path ahead for you is to be a saint, then I can say with confidence you can do it, as long as you're true to your morals and your convictions."

Anastasia

Rennard takes a book out and places it down. "I'll read it," he agrees, "True to yourself, you said?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"That's the fundamental basis of things here." Moore says with a gesture to the rest of the bar. "It's why I believe that everyone who's a merchant here should be able to use their money freely and I don't take anything from them. If they choose to donate it to me, to Celestia, to whomever... they're doing my work for me. They're spreading inspiration and hope by being true to who they are."

Anastasia

"You don't collect taxes?" A curious question at that, "So you're getting paid in that instead?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"More or less." Moore says. "The investments that would go to me I'd rather see go to people's happiness, which then lets them donate their money to other things like to charities or to help friends and family if they're having a hard time. Money is important, of course, but it should be used to make other people happy."