News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Burrowing ahead

Started by Anastasia, March 04, 2020, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"We're not being chased out of Astral, so none of you should feel like you're running away from a nonexistent fight," Seira tells them. "There's also the matter of what we'll be going there to do, which is help restore an entire heaven and the gnomish race. That's one of the most worthwhile tasks... assuming we're not in the way, that is."

She nods at Lagann. "How about we stop by again and sort this out with Garl?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"It all depends on him," Lagann agrees, "Hopefully his head isn't full of dirt and burrows."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Well then. No time like the present." Seira stands up. "Unless we have more to debate?"

If not, Seira will take Lagann to Bytopia.

Anastasia

Cool. Any prep and regardless of that, gating to the Monument or somewhere else?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The two of us are traveling to the monument. No travel buffs for a change.

Anastasia

This is easy enough.

Birdsong.

Bytopia is bright, sunny, warm and clear. Birds fly about the monument, some resting atop it as they sing away.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira gains some altitude and tries to see whether Garl is within a six mile radius. Or if there's new construction nearby, of course!

Perception 88

Anastasia

Oh, there he is. He's on the other side of the monument. A sturdy wood table is here, covered with papers and parchments. Garl sits there, writing away. He's drawing plans, diagrams. Blueprints it looks like, blueprints for burrows, for weapons, for armor.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira drops down to wave at Lagann, and then they teleport over to the other side at a decent distance out of politeness.

"Hello again," she greets Garl. "We're done with last minute prep, so Lagann is ready to help. I'm volunteering an avatar as well, though it'd be nice to hear about your priorities as far as restoration goes."

Anastasia

"Seira," Garl turns with a smile, "Take a look at all of these. They're only the beginning of course, but I have to start somewhere."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Don't mind if I do!" Seira cheerfully responds, taking a closer look at the diagrams.

Anastasia

It looks like plans for burrows as well as foundries and forges to make various weapons and armor.  They're all skillfully made - in truth better than even you could do, you have to admit.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The foundries and forges are more your thing," Seira tells Lagann, stepping aside to allow him a proper look. "The burrows, however... sure, I could do that."

Turning to face Garl once more, she says, "Now that I know where we could best devote our efforts, I was hoping to sound you off on something."

Anastasia

Garl stands and lets Lagann get in there, reading up. "Of course, of course," he says easily, "What advice can I give you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"My demiplane became my divine realm when I ascended, and then it naturally became our divine realm as we formed our pantheon," Seira tells him. "It's been in Astral for ages, though it was originally from Fire. We've rejected offers from Arborea to move there, even though we're pretty close to Brightwater, the Seldarine and Queen Morwel's court. It's pretty crowded as it is, and it didn't feel like we could do as much good as we could by being an outpost for Good on Astral."

She gives Garl a meaningful look as she adds, grinning, "There's a heaven where we can have an impact, however. One where we could make a real difference. And with you working on rebuilding, one where it will be a symbiosis rather than a hostile takeover."