News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Building

Started by Anastasia, April 10, 2020, 10:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, you want to approach the sea elves. Any particular strategy here?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

He will simply open them openly! If they recognize him, all the better!

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Wow... approach them openly.

Anastasia

The sea elves are, as you'd expect, underwater. Beneath the waves is a trade house, a large space for various aquatic races to trade. Here sea elves, mermen and other travelers of the waves come. It's a large,  open space with many buyers and sellers about. The waters are still and the distorted sounds of aquatic languages is thick in the air.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

A little magic makes it easy enough to communicate with them, even underwater!

He raises a hand in greeting to them as he approaches. "Greetings! I hope you're all finding something interesting here."

I do not recall offhand if there's a 'sea elven' but if there is Moore would use that.

Anastasia

That seems to get attention. Conversations stop and attention turns on you, looks of open surprise by many as you make an entrance.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I thought I'd come and visit and see how things are." Moore says. "Thank you all for visiting! I actually do have a favor to ask of all of you, if you'd be willing to spread the word of this place?"

He looks at all of them with a bit of expectancy and a smile.

Anastasia

A few moments of silence follow before?

"Yes, sir!"

"Of course, Duke!"

"I would be honored!"

A dozen congratulations and yet one figure stays back. A sea elf who wears scale and shell armor, a trident on his back. He's strong and tall for an elf, yet still slender despite that.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Thank you very much." Moore says, as a few books (protected from water, of course!) will appear in the hands of those who agreed. "These are my scriptures. I only ask that you take them and give them to anyone you think would benefit from them. I am not at all interested in taking followers or believers from other faiths, but if there are those out there that wish to follow me, I would be humbled by it. You're always welcome here, whether you follow me or another faith."

A smile to all around before he glances towards the back and smiles again - he may as well see if this is perhaps their bodyguard or something else, so he decides to approach him!

Anastasia

The sea elf meets your gaze as you approach, only to avert his eyes after a moment's time. "Duke Moore," he greets neutrally.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You have me at a disadvantage, it would seem." Moore says.

I mean, assuredly he can figure out who this is, but that's not fair!

After a beat. "Do you mind if I ask what brought you here? I'm making it a habit of getting to know my neighbors better to be a better... well, neighbor, as it were." He explains with a bright smile.

Anastasia

"You don't tax them," Is his answer after a moment, "You do know how merchants are?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I am familiar, yes." Moore says. "There's... a fine line, I think, between wealth and greed, and I think most people don't really understand the fundamental difference. It isn't my place to tell people how and what to do with money they earn... I think it makes the most sense for people to have enough that they can spend it freely. When you give someone the freedom to go good things, rather than forcing them to do good things, I think that creates the fundamental for inspiration and hope for others."

Anastasia

Give me a Diplo check here, would you? You said something right.
<Afina> Forever.