News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Forever lies ahead

Started by Anastasia, May 02, 2020, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Well, we were supposed to roll the coronation into The Red Knight's visit, also. So I suppose getting the crown, Honeydip, and whatever quest/hunting thing for the Red Knight/Coronation feast done soon would fit with first-step stuff?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay. Which do you want to do first?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Hmm.. Honeydip -> Hunt -> Red Knight/Coronation. That'll give some time for Honeydip to get RP established and for you to do whatever level up she needs without any sort of combat requirement crunch for it.

Anastasia

Okay, how do you plan to greet her and approach this?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, Emily was supposed to work with Donald to set something up. I figured having a meeting/introductions and some RP talk and go from there. Maybe some sort of non-combat side thing so she can see me in action or something?

Anastasia

It's a simple meeting in your office. The windows are open to let in the breeze, the scent of the clean air as winds blow through.

> roll 1d100 low is good Kobot
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 low is good Kobot --> [ 1d100=53 ]{53}

Jarem sits nearby, in his armor but relaxed. Almost absently he sips from a fine crystal goblin of water, lost in his own reflections or perhaps those of his newfound followers. He hums very softly before he murmurs, "Like that, just like that."

Dolmaya sits next to him, expression calm and reserved - but your keen eyes notice she's sitting farther from him than usual. Her posture is also perfectly rigid.

> roll 1d100 low is good Kobot
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 low is good Kobot --> [ 1d100=24 ]{24}

Bastian stands by a window, expression faraway. A slow smile comes to his face every now and again nonetheless.

You can see them before they come of course - Emily and Lady Honeydip come up the stairs, the latter fluttering up in spite of her armor. It doesn't seem to slow her down at all. "Alyssa," Emily calls, "We're here!"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa eyes Jarem and Bastian before replying, "Welcome back, Emily. Lady Honeydip, welcome. I'm glad to make your acquaintance. Please, make yourself comfortable."

Anastasia

Lady Honeydip flutters in and takes in the room. "Lady Alyssa," she settles on. "Lord Bastian, Lord Jarem, Empress Dolmaya."

"We aren't that formal," Bastian looks back from the window, "Bastian'll do."

Emily smiles at that, "Really, you're amid friends."

"Bastian," Lady Honeydip agrees after a few moments, "Donald said you wanted to meet me, but was a little thin on details."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "Yes, well... Your visit was prompted by recommendation and.. tragedy. We lost a dear friend to Shar. To prevent that from happening again, we're looking for some help. I've been studying with Moore and his abilities are rather impressive. You came as a recommendation for help along the same lines."

Anastasia

"I hate to be mercenary about it," Jarem adds after that, "But the loss of Ianvasah hurt us. It hurt us to lose a friend and it hurt us to lose a skilled ally."

Emily bows her head at the mention of Ianvasah while Dolmaya adds rather coolly, "As well as that we'd like to encourage strong relations between us and the Court of Stars, and you are a known and favored servant of that court."

"I heard about Ianvasah," Lady Honeydip goes on, "I've lost too many friends during my war in Androlynne. I'm sorry for your loss."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Thank you for that. And yes, to Jarem and Dolmaya's points. We need to recover ground in our combat ability, and the abilities of you and Moore are significant force multipliers. I've also had contact with Queen Morwel, her library is magnificent, but more than that... People of your and Moore's kind bring heart, bonding, and passion with you wherever you go. After Ianvasah... We need a bit of that. I don't expect you to commit here and now, but I wanted to invite you to spend some time here in our realm and with each of us, so that you can make a fully informed decision."

Anastasia

Lady Honeydip goes and sits on the edge of your desk. As she does, her long hair snakes out like a living thing. One tendril of it grasps a goblet and another pours herself a glass of iced water. It brings it to her hand, which takes it and she has a long drink before she goes on. "So Donald was the one who recommended me?" she muses aloud after.

"Well, that and you really would be useful here, and Queen Morwel didn't object to Donald's request." Emily speaks up, "I don't think there's a concern there."

Dolmaya inclines her head, "The chaos spirit still serves you? I've heard the stories about it."

In answer, Lady Honeydip's hair waves at Dolmaya.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Is this something Alyssa would know about because I don't.

Anastasia

Is what something Alyssa would know?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This Chaos spirit thing.