News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

A neverending field

Started by Anastasia, May 03, 2020, 11:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm going to make a ship that can land on Selune, and you're just the dragon I need to help with it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Sounds interesting! Selune's game for it?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

It's a surprise, don't worry about her. What I need is your goldenfire to start a reaction in the ship's furnace.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira sincerely doubts anyone can surprise Selune as they attempt to visit, but that sounds fine.

Sure thing! Just say when and where, and I'll be there.

Anastasia

How about right now? Come on over and I'll direct right to where this is.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira sends an avatar over!

Anastasia

You find Gond in a massive, open air scaffolding that extends thousands of feet up. Here in the air hovers a ship miles long and almost as deep. A great sailing ship for the air, forged entirely of gleaming mithral. The vast deck has regular slots where great staves point outwards. There are no sails, only a single mithral mast dead center. Rather than a steering wheel, there is a vast contraption by the front, an enclosure of mithral with countless strange arcane energies swirling within glass containers therein.

How such a ship defies gravity can only be explained by divine power.

Gond stands on deck, hands on his hips as nearby, Elyssa works away on one of the staves. Her expression is one of concentration, hammering away at a particular bit as her fingers trace arcane patterns in between hammer strikes.

"Ho, Seira," Gond calls, "Come on deck!" He has a big smile on his face, scorched all over but unburnt.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira gives Elyssa a friendly wave as she flies over to the deck. Once there, she offers Gond her hand, grinning. "This is an amazing ship! And is it armed, at that?"

Anastasia

Elyssa is busy with her work, but manages a quick, "Hiya!"

Gond shakes your hand, grip like iron. "Of course it's armed! What sort of grand ship isn't armed as high as Lathander and as deep as Selune?" he declares, "It's named the Spitfire, and the name describes the weapon systems well." He starts to head to one of many stairways going down.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Mind a bit of unsolicitated advice as you show me around?" Seira asks Gond, following him down below deck. "A surprise visit to Selune in a heavily armed ship has bad optics. Even though our very natures are far more of a weapon than anything we carry with us, it might come across as an insult. Since you're dead-set on making it a surprise, is there any way to clearly display that the weapons are disabled for this trip?"

Anastasia

Gond chuckles warmly, "Selune has faced down Shar with nothing more than that mace of hers and a lot of hate. She won't blink at a ship that could only be my work."

After a moment there is a simple followup, "Phoebe always fires a warning shot first, anyway."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira snorts. "That's an oddly specific thing to mention. Actually, why the moon and not the sun? Just curious."

Anastasia

As you head down stairs, "The moon's easier to land on and safer," Is the answer.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

She can't help but laugh now. "Overcoming those dangers sounds more exciting, though~"

Anastasia

"The sun's also hotter," Gond points out, "The ship runs hot, but it can only run so hot!"
<Afina> Forever.