News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

The duty to live

Started by Anastasia, May 12, 2020, 05:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay Alicia, we'll start this one OOC. Next move now that you're back?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

If Ranbar's still around and looking for me I can chat with her.

Anastasia

It's not hard to find Ranbar. She's sitting with Latha and Jessica, the three in a covered pavilion on the beach of one of the many islands that now adorn Sylica. The sun is radiant above as they enjoy snacks and drinks, an array of tropical fruits on the table before them.

"She's here," Jessica says as she holds up a slice of what looks to be mango. "Would you like some, sister?"

Latha's focus is inward at the moment but she spares you a moment's smile. 'There is little more gripping than watching one of your strive for victory. Please, don't be offended by my silence until it concludes.'
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'll have one thank you," Alicia says as she walks over to join them, dressed casually to match the ambience in a breezy blue dress with her hair down. Reaching over to take a fruit from her sister and giving Latha a brief smile back she focuses on Ranbar. "How are you finding Sylica, Ranbar?"

Anastasia

> roll 1d100 lowis good
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 lowis good --> [ 1d100=80 ]{80}

Latha's expression stays distant as meanwhile Ranbar nods to Alicia. "It's beautiful," she answers, "I can see where you got various bits of inspiration. This reminds me of Thalasia, it's so very peaceful."

"Was that your inspiration, sister?" Jessica inquires as she snacks on her mango.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"The beaches? Not so much, I'd never really been to that particular heaven," Alicia admits, biting into her own fruit and having a seat. "Actually it's drawn mostly from the coast around Balmuria."

Anastasia

It's sweet and juicy, everything you'd expect. Your land is bountiful indeed.

"Seira mentioned Balmuria influenced her as well, as well as some others," Ranbar agrees, "Each little island is a world to its own. Are any of them inhabited?"

"A few," Jessica answers, "I've seen to the creation of secluded temples and bases for my faith on some of them, though they're only manned by caretakers as of now. I know Syala's made a paradise island named Amazement. Though I understand it's more of a place to focus those of her followers who are very close to being Sharessians, too."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Most are too small to really live on if they were on a prime, but for celestials that can teleport around and don't actually need food to eat regardless then it's a lot easier to set yourself up on a nice little island for as long as you like. Most are undeveloped and here for the scenery they present - beaches are popular in heaven," Alicia concludes with a smile.

Anastasia

"Especially for the sandcastles," Jessica adds with a fond smile, as Ranbar blinks at that.

"Ah," she says at last, "Still though, I came here to ask your advice, Alicia."

Meanwhile, you hear Clara's prayers. In particular you feel her pain, lying on the cold ground of a ruin. Above her by about 100ft is open ground, as if the land beneath her gave way.

"Owwww..." Clara groans, "Alicia help me," she whimpers as to cries from above and out of sight, "I'm okay, just brui...sed...?"

In this cavern and ahead lies an ancient stone building, cold and forgotten. In the faint light from above you can see there are front gates emblazedon with holy symbol of Torm.

"I found something," Clara calls up, "A Tormite temple! A big one! Probably abandoned for centuries! I bet there's treasure and a nice place to explore!"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

At least Clara's with her adventuring party this time? Alicia has a peek with her divine senses over the temple to see what they're likely to run into there.

"What do you need advice with, Ranbar?" she asks aloud.

Anastasia

Oh no. While the temple has treasure and resources, as well as being mostly undefended save for some traps around the vault? The entire area is lousy with shocker lizards. They're just starting to crawl out, watching Clara from a dozen angles and more by the moment. The cavern begins to flicker electric blue.

Here Ranbar takes a breath, "I..." she pauses, "I've been swept away by events and Seira's will."

"Yes, she's rather like Lathander in that regard," Latha murmurs, her attention back on the conversation. "Your rise has been rapid, dwarfing even our own."

"That's just it," Ranbar agrees, "And now I can become a full deity and I realize I'm so overwhelmed by everything." She looks to you, "You've been through this before and known Seira a long time. What do I do?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Hopefully Clara knows how to handle shocker lizards and her friends will help her since that's a rather dicey situation for her to be stuck in by herself. Alicia doesn't intervene, just watching and hoping she'll be appropriate careful.

"You know Ebony just asked me about divinity and if the responsibility is worth the power?" she tells Ranbar. "I told her that for me, and I imagine everyone else that's made it as a deity, the responsibility by itself is the prize, the power is just a means to assert it. To be a deity is to take charge of Creation, to declare that you know best and you're going to see things done your way."

Anastasia

> roll 1d100 lowis good
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 lowis good --> [ 1d100=21 ]{21}

Clara does the wise thing - she lets out a little eep, pulls out a potion and chugs it down. She promptly flies straight up and out of there, calling, "Shocker lizards, lots of them!"

Meanwhile Ranbar nods to that, "It fits you and it fits Donald, it fits Seira, it fits all of you. Me though? I feel like a maid promoted to the nobility."

"At times I could hardly believe what happened to us," Jessica concurs, "It sound as if you need more time. Events swept you aware much too fast."

"And Seira puts so much trust into me, and I can't bear to let that trust be misplaced," Ranbar agrees, a soft sigh. "But I'm not ready for this. Not yet."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Good job Clara, your party has trained you well. Bask in the approval of your goddess.

"Tell me about yourself, Ranbar?" Alicia invites, sitting up so she can lean towards the nascant divinity. "You were powerful before you became a deity, before Seira brought you into her inner circle, right? You must have had to learn how to wield that power wisely, been on some meaningful adventures to push your limits so... she didn't just pull you out of a cloistered temple, did she?"

Anastasia

"...ah..." Ranbar starts at that, a blush.

Helplessly Jessica begins to laugh. Latha cracks a smile, "That...does sound like Seira," Latha admits, "She has a weakness for the quiet types."

"Well, I was born on Air," Ranbar begins, reddened, "I took to Seira's faith after a traveler saved my life and spoke of her. I drifted right into a cloistered order."
<Afina> Forever.