News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

The duty to live

Started by Anastasia, May 12, 2020, 05:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"That...is wise. Thank you, Alicia," Ranbar says at last, expression pensive.

"You'll find your way," Latha soothes, "Now that you  know the direction to walk in."

"I will," Ranbar agrees, "Is there somewhere I can rest before I depart? I think I'd like to lie down."

Jessica smiles and makes a vague gesture. In the shade of palm trees inland a hammock of shadows appears. "Take as long as you need."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"I'll leave you to it then," Alicia says, standing up. "Good luck, Ranbar. We're all here for you if you need us."

Then she teleports off to see about Antenora and her dogs.

Anastasia

You find Antenora in her bedroom with Marie. She still holds two puppies as she says to Marie, "So Marie, would you like a puppy?" Antenora asks, a little smile tugging at her lips.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'd love a puppy!" Marie enthuses, throwing her hands in the air.

"They won't stay puppies for long," Alicia comments as she comes in on this clearly scripted routine of theirs.

Anastasia

"Dogs are good, too," Antenora says as she presents one of the golden puppies to Marie. "Why don't you name him, Marie?"

Then Antenora turns to you, "Puppy?" she asks, a little smile on her face.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"You know I don't really have the time to take care of a pet, unless it goes to live with all the avatars," Alicia says, going over and patting the head of one of the puppies.

"Hi Alicia, I didn't see you there," Marie says transparently, taking the puppy Antenora offers her. "I'm going to name him Ruffles."

Anastasia

"That's not the point," Antenora retorts gently, "The avatars are still you, too. My avatar can't go out yet, so she's setting up a puppy bed as we speak."

Meanwhile as this happens, Marie senses her name invoked. Anne prays to you right now, praying for a good day of sales as she struggles to improve her family's business and see them prosper. No great danger, no looming menace - just a day to day concern.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Still, I'm happy with just Martin as far as pets go," Alicia says. She doesn't hold bad past experiences with dogs against this particular one, but she's still not a fan of them.

"More for the rest of us then, isn't that right Raffles?" Marie asks as she fusses over her puppy, sending Anne a happy thought, a push to keep experimenting with different dishes to win her father's respect and her customers' loyalty with a brand new taste that's all her!

Anastasia

> roll 1d100 low is good
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 low is good --> [ 1d100=19 ]{19}

Antenora gives the second puppy to Marie as well as she looks at you and says, "Somehow, they'll find a way to shed on your bed and couches," she promises. She doesn't sound upset, at least. "And I feel as if I owe Sharess some sort of revenge now."

Meanwhile Anne's working away steadily, good and solid work for sure. You can tell she's on the right track - she'll be doing good business today. "Hi, here's one Marielle special," she soon offers her first customer of the day.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie watches that customer to make sure the food bearing her name is well received!

"I just had a dish named after me," she announces. "Please mark today in your calendars as the date Marielle officially 'made it'."

"There was a place in Balmuria that did Crimson Guard themed meals years ago," Alicia accidentally bursts her bubble without meaning to. And upon seeing Marie's wounded expression she quickly adds, "There was a dessert named after you too."

Anastasia

"Oh?" Antenora asks, "What was it, the Marie Cone of Sugar?"

Meanwhile Marie can see her named meal is going over quite well.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"It was a fruit medley in cream if I recall," Alicia says.

"Well this one's a sweet chilli noodle soup," Marie informs them as she pets the two puppies.

Anastasia

"Ah, I so do love your peaches and cream, love," Antenora agrees as she sits next to Marie.

I'd like to talk to you, if you wanted a reason to be elsewhere.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'll leave you both to it then," Alicia says, vacating the premises and going to join Syala!

Anastasia

Syala's mostly just giving you an out there, so next move?
<Afina> Forever.