News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Regeneration

Started by Anastasia, May 30, 2020, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Before Calleigh is the faintest outline of a golden figure. The light from it is nigh overwhelming, as the stones here themselves sing of glory. It is a song of breathtaking beauty as the figure gently takes Calleigh into the palm of his hand.

Child, this will be no easy path. This is not a thing of childhood, but of the harshest terrors of adulthood.  You do not wish to promote, nor would you take a divine seed. Yet you are a part of this, and I would not have you face it unprepared.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"Pshh, we'll beat him with the power of coures! There's no way he can stop us!" Calleigh gives the figure a double thumbs up and a great big grin.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

With a gentle touch Calleigh feels her mind protected, as if a warm blanket is wrapped around it.

This will shield your mind from the horrors beyond. I aid you all in my ways, this is my gift to you, child.

Calleigh gains the following ability:

Mind Blank (Su)

Calleigh enjoys the benefits of a mind blank spell cast by a 70th level spellcaster. As this is the work of Zaphkiel, this ignores dead magic, antimagic field and similar abilities that would normally interfere with supernatural abilities.

This ability does not interfere with telepathic communications or various psionic abilities Tryll or Calleigh use.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh reels for a second, then shakes her head rapidly. "That was super weird! But cool! Thanks!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Calleigh is suddenly back seated, and now the voice is heard again.

What of your own questions to all of this?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I have a few.' Tryll replies.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Let's start with the most interesting to me, then. You said that I was chosen for my unusual nature and my psionics. Can you expound on that? I was under the impression that magic and psionics, while they have their mechanical differences, function largely the same.'

Anastasia

That is true but also not true.

"Eh?" Benyen says slowly.

"Oh, duh, it's about the Weave, isn't it?" Dana pipes up here, and as Miranda turns to give her a skeptical look. "What? You ever try to take a nap when Vul'lath won't shut up with Tepen about some arcane shi...stuff?"

In a real sense, there is no difference between psionics and magic. Both systems work through the Weave in Creation to accomplish the caster's will. Psionics and magic often affect one another as if they were the same because of this, as in Creation they work through the same source, as does everything supernatural.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'So there's a difference outside Creation, then?'

Anastasia

In the Beyond, you have only yourself. The art of psionics is somewhat different than magic because of that, and may operate differently on the many incomprehensible creatures there.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'So because psionics is ultimately an expression of will upon the world around you, it may function in the Beyond?'

Anastasia

All can function in the Beyond. However, yours will make you best suited to particular tasks, including one that I wish to charge you with.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh? Go on, then.' Tryll invites.

Anastasia

I believe that at least one divine seed has fallen into the places between Creation and the Beyond. Places that I would task you to explore and recover these seeds.
<Afina> Forever.