News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Regeneration

Started by Anastasia, May 30, 2020, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

'I have my suspicions about our past patron deity, but for the most part we now all follow whoever we identify with. Well, the five of us remaining, anyhow. There's babies, but they're babies still. Lifasa will be their new home. Queen Morwell's court aided and housed me for a time after my home plane...ended, and it's where I met Calleigh. We had some fun there before being encouraged to seek our fortunes among the planes.' Tryll replies.

"We totally got kicked out of the plane, and it's hilarious." Calleigh nods while gnawing on a grape the size of her head.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"How did you get kicked out?" Benyen asks, "I usually only get kicked out of bars, but the evil ones mostly."

Meanwhile Jarem has some of his roast before, "I can think of a few days. It's not that hard if you really want to. Harder if you want to do it without committing deeds best undone."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Bars? Hm. Sounds like you, Jarem, and Bastian should go out on the town."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

'We replaced a chair with a very convincing water balloon. It belonged to a particularly stuffy tulani. He sat down in his favorite chair, and it proceeded to implode.' Tryll says proudly, 'One of the best pranks we've ever pulled off.'

"It was great! He was pretty rude for a tulani!" Calleigh agrees.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

A few chuckles at that as Alyssa's sister listens, "But why would you do that?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Because it was funny!"

Anastasia

"Not everyone would agree," Bastian says, "Some people would punch you in the face for that."  He gives Calleigh a look, a silent warning.

"Any prank is reliant on the knowledge your target will appreciate it," Emily says, "Or it's not a prank, it's meanness, cruelty or bullying." She puts her soup spoon down, "I trust Calleigh wouldn't have done such a thing."

Dana rolls her eyes so hard that surely Selune in the night sky felt it. "So you don't just have a pussy, you're a giant pussy."

Emily's posture stiffens, "Excuse me?" she asks, gaze on Dana.

"That's the most chickenshit, boring, dumb reasoning for pranks I've ever heard. Fuck, a good prank is all about the reaction!" Dana waves a hand, "If you're going to do stupid shit, it needs to have impact, not some sanitized prissiness where everyone just laughs and says oh that was a good one! Bullshit!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh sticks her tongue out at Bastian in an act of solidarity with Dana! "Yeah! Pranks are all about the effect! You don't hurt anybody...obviously. But a prank should be meaningful! Impactful! Even if it's just a surprise! Like when we met Miranda!"

Anastasia

Dana and Emily exchange glares - and for a moment, an overwhelming presence of raw Emily is felt, her very self like a cloak over the room. Dana recoils back, "Fuck!" a passionate cry as Emily meanwhile blushes.

"I apologize. I'm still learning the limits and control of some of my abilities." Emily bows her head.

Alyssa's mother takes a long breath, "Please do try, Emily. It's incredibly intense for us mere mortals."

"Yeah, easy to forget you're a fucking deity when we're just having dinner together." Dana sits back, "Shit. Actually, do it again. It's a thrill when someone isn't looking at me like I'm scum to be cleansed off Creation."

"It's not your first time?" Emily inquires, curiously. "Some of your duties with Aurora."

"Sylica." Dana says shortly, "Ebony got her ass killed on some mission or another and Syala was pissy over it. Now see, Syala? I can respect her. She'll get in there and beat the shit out of-"

"We're hardly nobles," Walt interjects, "But still, there are ladies here. Please speak more respectfully around my wife and children." His voice is firm, but not unkind or challenging.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa snaps her fingers following her father's comment, using a bit of magic to make the sound significantly louder and ringing.

"This is a family dinner. Emily, any issues you might have with comments, leave for after. Bastian, no threats at the table. Calleigh, meal only time."

Alyssa focuses on Dana, "I'm aware of your upbringing. As much as you might not have liked the lessons on etiquette, you do know them. At least dip a toe into them at this table.

My parent's home and table will be respected."

Yuthirin

"Did you hear that? He called me a lady!" Calleigh stage-whispers at Tryll, "Did you tell him that I'm a princess??"

'No. Perhaps he is simply astute? Or trying for politeness?' Tryll suggests placidly.

Anastasia

Dana lets it go at that, at least visibly. A bit of relative silence as everyone eats before?

"That's what I don't still understand," Walt speaks up, "Alyssa, Jarem, all of her friends and now all of you," A general arm wave towards Tryll and friends. "All of you seem larger than life. What is it about you that makes you heroes instead of another farmer, princess or peasant? What provokes those changes where you can duel faster than my old eyes can follow?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa shrugs, "I haven't looked much into it personally... Yet... Though I suspect it's more of circumstance. I personally believe sentient people personify potential. Sure, it may be weighted towards one thing or another, but I believe circumstance and opportunity play a large part.

Look at yourself, papa. You went from being a commoner to the personal blacksmith of a lord. There are many, many people who take generations to get to that point. You might have, as well, if not for being in the right place to be noticed."

Yuthirin

'Vast psionic powers and-' Tryll begins, interrupted. "Equally vast boredom!" Calleigh finishes.

'Also, Calleigh is both a courre, a princess, and a familiar.' Tryll also finishes.

"That's Wind-Princess Calleigh Summerbreeze to you, old man!" Calleigh retorts, pointing a toothpick at Tryll. "And HE'S a house-sized squid monster!"

'I'm not a monster. I'm people!' Tryll protests.

"You use me as a facemask because you scare the peasantry!"

'That's just good sense!'

"Spooky scary ghosty squiddy guy!" Calleigh makes a face.

'You like it!'

"So?"

Anastasia

"It's something Mom's worked on. In truth, luck seems to play at least some role, or at least it does to my eyes," Emily says, "You're right. The right place, the right chance, the right time." She pauses, reflective.

"There's more to it. Potential, talent," Jarem goes on from that. "I've read those who suppose that it contains a metaphysical element as well. That there's some unknown part of the soul that regulates it. Some souls are meant for it, some will never do it no matter how hard they try. Others vehemently disagree and believes everyone has the same potential to do that."

Meanwhile the back and forth gets listened to. "Huh." Jarem finally says, "You two have been doing this a long time."
<Afina> Forever.