News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Temporal pixies

Started by Anastasia, June 01, 2020, 11:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Now," Back to the sphere, "The question is how to resolve temporal anomalies. In this case Dispel Paradox would do, it's a 5th level spell. Moore, try and do so with your will."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore nods and will make the attempt by using his power to alter reality!

[11:59] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+36+1 dispel check
[11:59] <Kobot> Nephrite rolled 1d20+36+1 dispel check --> [ 1d20=8 ]{45}

Assuming this is a CL check of some nature.

Anastasia

Like that, the sphere straightens itself out and is gone. "Good," Chrona 42 days, "Paradoxes can be dangerous and deadly, so resolve one if you come on one."

"Definitely. I remember Aurora looked for one, but we never found one," Sylvie points out.

"There are uses for them," Chrona 42 agrees, "But nonetheless they're best fixed rather than used."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "All right, that seems sensible enough. So chronomancy is allowed in situations where it's used to resolve matters that require it, more or less?"

Anastasia

"Yes, to uphold the Compact," Is the agreement, "You should not come on these lightly and only with the greatest rarity."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "That makes sense. With my luck, we'll run into more than we'd ever like to." He says. "But at least that covers the basics if we do run across one."

Anastasia

"There's much more, but as you said, you have a council who will aid you. Erathaol is versed in the Temporal Compact," Chrona 42 days, "Between that and the Godsrush, there is little need for a more exhaustive lesson."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "That's sensible." He rubs his chin. "I wonder what became of that solar we met when we ran afoul of that temporal issue. I'll have to look into that. Does anyone have any more questions?"

Anastasia

"A few," Sylvie says, "But none I can't figure out myself in time."

"I do," Xandra speaks up, "What if one of us chooses to break the Compact?"

Chrona 42's expression becomes cooler as he says, "Then you'll be punished by all the other gods and those who oversee the Compact. No one can triumph over those odds."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hm... couldn't an Incarnation, though?" He asks.

He knows the conversation they had with Zaphkiel on this subject, but he's rather curious to see what he'd say.

Anastasia

The quarut bows its head, "Yes, but the question is silly."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Very well."

Floor's open for other people if they have any more.

Anastasia

"What if someone harms one of ours with Chronomancy we cannot undo?" Cresiel asks.

"Then contact any of the Compact immediately," Is the answer, "As a breech has occurred and will be corrected. Depending on what has happened, events may be allowed to resolve themselves if the mortals will resolve it without outside aid, or more direct measures may be employed. Often, the knowledge of such encounters is removed from mortals, so they are not tempted to explore forbidden magic."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Oh, that's a good question too." Moore says. "I imagine there exist some items, artifacts or the like, that are empowered with chronomancy or something similar. Assuming it's the former, should we just bring them to someone like Lord Erathaol to be dealt with?" He asks. "Ideally, I'd say to try and convert them somehow so they didn't use chronomancy at all, but that may not be possible in the case of artifacts."

Anastasia

"Yes, bring them to him or any agent of the Compact," Is the answer, "Merely summon one of us by mental request and a quarut or other agent will come to you as soon as possible."
<Afina> Forever.