News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Crossed swords

Started by Anastasia, July 21, 2020, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Amaryl considers before, "It's our best option to pursue this. Our only problem if that if it turns out Shar is there. We may be in an impossible situation then with no easy way of escape."

"That's where you're wrong," Donald grins, "That just means Shar's trapped with us!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"We could just send avatars, though," Seira muses. "In fact, let's give ourselves a handicap and do that!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Far safer," Amaryl says, but glances over, "But that's just the two of us who plausibly have avatars now."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Ah well. Ranbar, what do you say? We can leave Donald behind~"

Anastasia

Ranbar considers quietly before, "I'll come, Seira, for you."

Donald grinds, "Well, that'll make four of us," he decides, "No way I'll let you go alone."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Look at it that way. Zaphkiel left it up to us, in the end. If Shar doesn't know you have an avatar, this is our ace if we need one. If she already does, no secrets were lost."

Anastasia

Donald sits back and considers before, "Well," he says at last, "It would be a nice surprise for her, then."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

And then Seira transports their avatars (and Ranbar) over to Ocanthus!

Anastasia

Avatar work in progress. It's only down to DvR0 now so I can express it by penalties rather than a full stat block.

Dark. Cold. Countless needles and shards of metal fly about here, a vast array constantly moving through the air. You appear on a larger shard, enough for the four of you to stand. It's like a storm of fragments of razors unfolds around all of you, and you have a front row seat to take it all in.

[spoiler]

Amaryl: -1 everything, -1 AC, -1 reflex, -1 ranged attacks, -1 dex, int skills.
Donald: -1 everything, -1 melee attacks, -1 str/int/cha skills, -1 spell DCs

Amaryl
HP: 648/648
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Divine 10ft (various)
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Emergency Skirmish 1/1 Blinding Speed 25/25 Elemental Summon 3/3 Smiting 1/1 Dragonfire 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Always goes first with supreme init, +4 bonus to attacks after the first miss in a round.

Donald
HP: 890/890
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Divine 10ft (various)
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Protection Devotion 1/1 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack (rnd) 1/1 Armor Haste 15/15 Breath Weapon Boost 3/3 Weapon Damage Dice Boost 3/3 Strength Domain 1/1 Luck Domain 1/1 Protection Domain 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Two quickened spells/round when under armor's haste, unkillable allows Con saves to not be reduced below 1 HP. Slashing flurry enables extra attacks for penalties.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira tries to see if she can make a variant on spells the likes of Antilife Shell to form a spherical shell repelling metal instead via Miracle.

Anastasia

That's not too hard to work out, sure. As you do that Ranbar looks around whilst Donald adds, "Charming place. Great place to get a shave."

Amaryl glances sidelong at him, "Spoken like a human."

With a little smile at that, as Donald reaches up to rub his chin, "Beards can be nice. Imagine Seira with one, don't you think that would fit her?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Not a fan of beards," Seira notes. "Ranbar, pick our direction for us?"

Anastasia

Ranbar does so, pointing ahead and taking off, "What's our plan, Seira?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We're jumping into something that we're fairly in the dark about. The only reason we even got a lead is a lot of hard work and a bit of luck at the right moment. That means we've got to capitalize on it, but don't actually know how, yet. So we're going to snoop, and improvise once we're onto something tangible."

Anastasia

"And hope to find it and hope to get lucky," Donald says, "I should've brought some elf bread, it's great when you go fishing."

Amaryl smiles ever so faintly, "We'll catch something much more impressive than a salmon or river bass should we succeed."
<Afina> Forever.