News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Mystran rest

Started by Anastasia, July 21, 2020, 12:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"If something goes badly, go and fetch one of the seeds we left with Io, I think that will restore a broken divinity," Alicia says, having a precaution in place. "But I'm confident I can follow in Antenora's footsteps this time, in my own way."

Anastasia

"Then we'll be with you," Antenora vows. "Are you ready now?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Let me just change first," Alicia says as one of her avatars appears to safeguard her things, methodically taking off her panoply of magic items - even the ring of eternal celerity, and then her clothes. She creates with her own divine power something to wear for modesty's sake, a black tunic and hose similar to what she usually wears under her armour - in fact almost identical to what she just took off. But this one was made by her, and that lends symbolic weight to what's coming.

"Now. Antenora, would you do the honours?" she invites her to take them outside of Creation.

Anastasia

Okay, it's been a bit since we've done a One ascension, and these are a big enough risk that I want to make sure you're clear on everything. Are you? That aside, how do your numbers stack up here?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I think so. I have to make 3 DC 30 charisma checks with no recourse to temporary bonuses, but I gain a +15 bonus from the research provided by Io/Antenora/Sylvie?

In this case Alicia's check is +36 and she can't fail on a 1, so it should be a safe bet. Barring the far realm horrors that might show up to attack Anty and Syala and possible dangerous manifestations of Alicia's personality or history that can appear during it.

Anastasia

It's nothing.

The endless empty expanse of white, the absence of everything. Syala begins to fly around you in a defensive pose, as does Antenora. She is silent but ready, surrounding you as you prepare to rise beyond.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia's posture slackens as the other two peel away, looking down at her own body, the only tangible thing that can be counted out here. Her anchor not just in Creation but in the Beyond, in anywhere at all. Alicia. Herself. I.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[20:31] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+36
[20:31] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 38 > [d20=2]

Anastasia

You drift.

You remember yourself - a prism burst of memories and sensations. Grapes and childhood, the warm sun and Beth's sneer, the smell of dust on the road and of hearth and home. Blood. So much blood.

When did you become such an adept killer?

> roll 1d100
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 48 > [d100=48]

This wasn't the only path. Was it the right path?

You find the question lingers in your mind like blood splatters on your armor.

But you already know the answer to that. The question fades, long since answered.

Antenora and Syala fly around you, more than at the ready.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Death goes with her.

The blade cuts. The sword stabs. The weapon kills.

The spell burns. The sorcery electrocutes. The magic kills.

It's something she's comfortable with. There's no dodging the question, and so it has long since been internalised and accepted. This is her talent, and even if she has others, her talent at killing is at the forefront.

She's fine with that. Creation is a violent place. A place where a killer like her can prosper.

Anastasia

Okay then, give me your second Charisma check.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[17:23] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+36
[17:23] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 53 > [d20=17]

Anastasia

You resonate amid the emptiness.

You remember so many things. The voices of fiends and angels, of nightmares and raptures.

"It's needed," You remember Sylian's voice, an echo of it seeming to resonate within your veins.

> roll 1d100
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d100=9]

Yet the two still surround you, the Beyond calm even as you grapple with yourself.

One more Charisma check.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[18:25] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+36
[18:25] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 54 > [d20=18]