News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Mystran rest

Started by Anastasia, July 21, 2020, 12:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yet you draw into yourself, drawn in more and more and more.

One question looms in your mind: Peace?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

It's what she fights for.

Peace.

Her peace. On her terms.

That's what it comes down to ultimately. The contradiction of using violence to suppress those who threaten peace. In a Creation of perfect peace there is no need for killers like her. But unlike some who revel in violence, Alicia will gladly see herself made obsolete.

There's more to her than just the sharp edges.

Although considering there's more Beyond Creation? Would she go seek out other existences to impose her type of peace there? Would their realities and inhabitants be so wildly different from her that she'd be to them much like Zetsuboku was to Creation? It's an interesting thought experiment, but not one she dwells upon right now.

Creation is so vast and ancient, it will be a long time if ever before it knows true peace.

Anastasia

A schism. A split.  A sense of two that was one.

Salvation.

> roll 1d20+15
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=10]

A resonance. A resonance of forgiveness, an echo to a previous trip here. In that moment you remember Della, the warped reflection that momentarily struck before you dissolved it in the Beyond, to allow Antenora to finish her ascension.

You feel something snap into place. You feel yourself ascend, you rise, you grow. You feel different and vitalized and yet all the same at once.

Congratulations, you have become One.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia looks around the nothingness of Beyond, seeking out Antenora and Syala before she moves towards them, decisive rather than spending time on more introspection after feeling that shift. "It's done, time to leave."

Anastasia

Syala is at your side as Antenora approaches, a shift as you return to Sylica.

Once there, "Are you well, Alicia?" Antenora asks, "It seems to have gone well."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"There wasn't any trouble on my end," Alicia says, her avatar appearing to return all her equipment which she begins putting back on. "If you're already a deity it doesn't change much, but I still felt something shift within me. You weren't bothered by anything while watching over me?"

Anastasia

"Just your opposite at the end," Antenora says, then softer, "An image of blood and merciless aggression."

"It didn't last long," Syala says, "Both you and Antenora had the same idea, something tied to darker aspects of yourself." With a little chuckle, "Archons," she says exaggeratedly, "All the same!"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Well I am a war deity, dealing with that contradiction's to be expected," Alicia says, smiling at the pair. "Thank you for taking care of it for me."

Then she'll contact Marie to see if Mystra's still sleeping or not.

Anastasia

Marie can see that Mystra is awake now, if barely and stirring with a deep slowness.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Since Marie tells Alicia to wait a while, Alicia holds off on visiting.

Instead she'll contact Selune!

Selune, I've come across information that may be important for when we attack Shar. Though it's not yet confirmed, Morwel believes the Godsrush has added three new deities who all serve Shar. She has asked that we be discreet with this information, but if true then they count a gloom, a daemon, and a leshay among them. I don't know any specifics of their portfolios or natures, however.

Anastasia

Troubling, yet I do not lament more targets.

A gloom and a leshay are not to be underestimated.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The leshay in particular is believed to be Chylas, a scholar of the stars. As a fey he was highly resistant to holy power... Morwel cautioned me of it, but I'm unsure if he could retain that if he takes on the mantle of an evil deity.

It just fundamentally doesn't make sense with the way Creation is structured and undermines the whole point of finding an answer between the alignments. Fine if you're just a normal creature, but as a deity there should be structure to such things.

Anastasia

Then enough moonfire to drown a world will suffice.

Thank you for this knowledge, Alicia.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'll contact you if I hear more.

Then she'll have to wait a bit until Marie says Mystra looks well enough for visitors.

Anastasia

It isn't too long before that happens.

Go ahead.
<Afina> Forever.