Main Menu

Mystran rest

Started by Anastasia, July 21, 2020, 12:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[18:06] <@Ebiris> roll 1d100
[18:06] <Penuche2> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 79 > [d100=79]

Anastasia

That evening, Alicia stands under the night sky. While her mind is many places and with many souls, her body looks upwards. The sky is clear and full of radiance, a beautiful display. The palace is silent and the gardens still this late, moments of peace to be found even now.

"I always wondered." Antenora's voice as she walks up from behind you, as you sense her divine will spread to grant you privacy. "How much could the stars and moon see? How much could the sun see each day? Did Lathander and Selune see us all in every day of our labors and every night of our rest? For a devil, the answer is obvious, as you're always watched." She stands at your side, wearing a shining gown that resembles moonlight, less solid and more a suggestion of silver glow that keeps her decent.

"Strange that Hell was close to the truth of divine perception."

Antenora cocks her head to regard you. "Stranger yet that by the end of this, we'll be the ones to protect the moon and sun. Perhaps earlier than that, I fear for Selune now."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Yes, she sounded like she might do something reckless after we last spoke," Alicia agrees, turning towards Antenora, still dressed in her own all too solid armour, as she almost always is these days. "I've told her we have something to counter this new trick, and whether that calms her down or bids her to call on us if she ends up in trouble, I hope it's enough."

Anastasia

Antenora inclines her head to you and turns her gaze upward.

"This won't be a clean victory," she murmurs. "We're going to mourn far too many before it's done. This isn't a fairy tale where there's no suffering and there's a mindless and happy ending so that everyone goes home happy. Ianvasah was just the beginning, wasn't she? Shar won't stand still, she won't sit on her throne and let us prepare. Does she have an inkling of what the Godsrush truly means?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Of course she does," Alicia says dismissively. "We already know she's empowered her own servitor deities, even if they haven't revealed themselves fully. I trust Morwel's word on that. I wonder if she's taught them the same trick to merge with a plane or if she's keeping that for herself? Either way, they won't survive us," she pats the inconspicuous wooden scissors tucked into her belt.

Anastasia

Antenora turns and rests her hand over those scissors. "Hope. Such a small thing and yet so valuable."

Slowly Antenora turns her gaze back up to the sky, "However, it's only been two things. The swords and these planes. Numerology suggests a third is yet to come."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"That would be her vicious band of godlings, wouldn't it?" Alicia says, no mystery to Antenora's numerology prediction here.

Anastasia

"Granted," Antenora admits, perhaps a moment of embarrassment forced down. "It says much about our troubles when such a salient threat was almost forgotten."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'm sure they'd be very sad if they knew how little we thought of them," Alicia says, a note of dour amusement.

Anastasia

Antenora smiles at this, "I can bear that with great endurance."

Again Antenora turns to you, "Thank you, Alicia. I needed that smile."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia inclines her head slightly. "There's no fooling ourselves about what we're up against, but we're not helpless and our enemies only want us to believe we are. Lets maintain our confidence and show exactly why we've gotten as far as we already have."

Anastasia

"Together," Antenora vows, as...

More, but it's about time to change topics. More in the next post.
<Afina> Forever.