News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Silken touch

Started by Anastasia, October 06, 2020, 12:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

That's no secret, Shar's had her eye on me since long before I became a figure of note for anyone else. I imagine her plans for me were at one time not so dissimilar from your own.

Perhaps they're not so different even now. She likes to dangle out information too.

Anastasia

Perhaps, but tell me, do you want to know what this Sharran told us?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Very well, I'll even trade it for something Shar told me. Or rather showed me.

Anastasia

He said that Shar has offered divinity itself to any who capture or slay you or any of your pantheon.

I believe it to be a lie for the gullible, of course.

Or perhaps not, with the Godsrush.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Shar has shown herself to be possessed of surprising resources, and such a feat would certainly prove one more than qualified. As for Shar's latest trick? She now possesses the ability to merge herself with the essence of a plane, making herself all but unassailable. This was recently demonstrated by an avatar on a demiplane, but the implication with Shar herself and the plane of shadow is obvious.

Malcanthet should be pretty clued up on this sort of thing, as far as planes go the Abyss is one of the more demonstrative.

Anastasia

Shar proves to be irritatingly competent.

You two could be twins.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Well they do both have black hair!

I'll take that in the spirit intended. Don't take this as coming from any place of fondness but I suggest you take care if you cross her; she's grown excited over Primus's Prophecy and is only escalating from here.

Anastasia

Like an overeager puppy with far too sharp a bite.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Anastasia

With this the conversation winds down. First of all, doing anything in response to it?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She'll tell the rest of the Sylican pantheon.

Not that they need any more reason to be careful about people trying to kill them, but still.

Anastasia

"It's hardly a surprise," Syala concludes.

As Latha opens her mouth to say something, Jessica steps from the shadows. "Good news, sister."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"We could do with more of that," Alicia leans back and smiles at her newly arriving sister.

Anastasia

"I found the Man of the Winds, as requested," she declares as she walks in, "He hides in Phlegethon in Pandemonium, he just moved there from another hiding place. In particular somewhere within or below Windglum, a settlement there that's relatively safe and stable for the region."

This gets Antenora to scowl ever so distinctly, "Phlegethon is particularly wretched, even for Pandemonium. Not only are the winds there, but so is gravity and constant dripping water, like a filthy rain. Light barely functions there, particularly around the stalagmite and stalactites that form everywhere. Have you narrowed it down further?"

"Not yet, not without going there," Jessica says, "Which is a problem." A breath is taken, "Talona is there. No one knows why, but her priests enforce her will and no one has dared to challenge her."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Talona herself is there, or just her influence?" Alicia asks.