News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Silken touch

Started by Anastasia, October 06, 2020, 12:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Talona herself, sister," Jessica says, "Not an avatar. She brought her faithful, a small army of them, along with servitor fiends and other servants."

"Do you think it's related?" Latha asks, "Or misfortune?"

"I'm inclined to think it's misfortune," Antenora says at last, "Talona has no stake in this that we know of, though I can't dismiss that she may be after him and have her own reasons for doing so, distinct from ours."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Does Alicia's portfolio sense give any useful information around this area via her purification domain being naturally opposed to disease/poison stuff Talona would likely be interested in?

Anastasia

Sure. There's a lot of disease and poison being spread, and the army makes out a great deal of numbers.. All sorts of vile things, though none of it seems directed - more just a weapon than a purpose in this case.

Events of being poison, of poison being spread, of disease being infected. Those afflicted are then asked about 'a knife that drips green'. No one's had any idea yet that you've sensed.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Any religious or arcane or planar or history or nature significance to a knife that drips green Alicia would recognise? Take 10 for 80 on whichever knowledge applies, divine insight used.

Anastasia

Nothing truly major by itself - scores of lesser items, but nothing that remotely justifies this level of reaction.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"She's looking for something," Alicia says after a moment. "A knife that drips green."

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+64 Antenora in case she rolls well
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 72 > [d20=8]
> roll 1d20+65 Latha as well
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 68 > [d20=3]
> roll 1d20+64 Jessica
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 83 > [d20=19]
> roll 1d20+66 Syala
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 84 > [d20=18]

"Vague," Syala says with a frown, "But that does strike me as having nothing to do with the Man of the Winds."

"I'm afraid I don't know anything specific, sister," Jessica says, "Not yet, anyway."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"It's rather vague - could apply to any kind of acid or poison charged blade but I don't really know of anything in that area which it could apply to," Alicia says. "I'd prefer to send our avatars but if Talona notices us or we get into any kind of conflict we'd really need to be there in person to stand up to her."

Anastasia

"Which makes it more complicated," Latha concludes.

"We can try to sneak in and find it and risk a confrontation with Talona, or be direct," Syala reasons, "I prefer the direct approach, but I doubt she'll be helpful."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"She won't," Alicia agrees. "Still neither of us are at home in Pandemonium so there's no reason to treat this as an invasion, nor do we owe her any explanations. Lets go there with the intention of staying unnoticed but if we get provoked by something brazen in front of us... I don't really mind getting into Competition with her. Lets go there with myself and Syala, since we're good at countering poisons, and Jessica for the sneaking part?"

Anastasia

"I'll watch Sylica," Antenora agrees.

"That's fine with me," Syala says, "Hopefully this is simple. Jessica?"

"At best we'll still have to find him, in an environment of paranoia and hostility," Jessica points out.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"That's really what I'm counting on you for, sister," Alicia says. "We're all bringing our own skills forward here and have to cover each other's weaknesses."

Anastasia

Okay then, any prep for y'all here?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

We'll downplay our presence, so wear concealing dark robes - yes even you Syala, and hide our weapons.

Just for safety, Alicia will leave the special scissors with Antenora here in Sylica in case Talona manages to down her or something catastrophic happens.

Marie will offer everyone her CL 36 epic mage armour (+22 AC) as she always does when people go outside.

Alicia will also cast CL 39 extended nondetection on everyone via divine familiar bullshit so they get the 'self' bonus of 15 + CL so the DC to beat it will be 54.

Past that just whatever buffs people usually use on a regular basis. We're not immediately going into combat.

Anastasia

They'll keep it simple then for now, yes. Where are you teleporting to, precisely?

[spoiler]

Jessica
HP: 725/725
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Telepathic Block 20ft (Stops telepathy/summons) Magic Circle Against Evil 10ft (Protection from Evil), Divine 10ft (various)
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+10 (+10 armor), Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Defensive Roll 1/1 Plane Hop 1/1 Superior Invisibility 3/3 Ghost Form 3/3 Shadow Form 3/3 Retribution Domain 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Epic Mage Armor (CL36), Nondetection (CL39)
Notes: +4 bonus to people who flank with her instead of +2. Use d8s for sneak attack against evil instead of d6s.

Syala
HP: 720/720
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Protective 20ft (+4 deflection/+4 resistance vs evil) Divine 30ft (various)
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+18 (+18 armor), Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Rage 8/8 Divine Blast 14/14 Family Domain 3/3 Wrath Domain 2/2 Add Twin 7/7 (non epic only)
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Epic Mage Armor (CL36), Nondetection (CL39)
Notes: Automatically converts vile damage to normal damage.
<Afina> Forever.