Silken touch

Started by Anastasia, October 06, 2020, 12:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Yes but why?" she asks. "Has he had a moral revelation or are we a convenient shield from some enemy he's made back home?"

Anastasia

"He claims to have had moral reservations. However, he specifically requested anyone but Antenora, so I saw fit to escalate this directly to you," Is the answer.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"That does make him sound extremely suspicious, I agree," Alicia seconds. "Well, I shall meet with him myself and see what his problem is with our dear Antenora."

Hello Antenora, a supposedly penitent devil has arrived asking for succor but also said he wishes to meet with 'anyone but Antenora'. Would you like to look in on things while I meet with him?

Anastasia

I will, thank you.

This arouses all manner of suspicions.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Maybe it's a devil who knew Antenora back in the day? That's probably the nicest possible explanation.

Either way, Alicia soon has the devil brought to meet her in a gazebo within Liberton's gardens, bit enough to accommodate giant insectile creatures. Antenora can watch via remote viewing or if she wants she can turn invisible and come see in person.

Anastasia

The devil wears battered leather armor over its insectile form, as a nearby knight carries a bloodied mace and signet ring on a silk pillow. He kneels and presents them to you before retreating.

Ganlax bows deeply to you, and awaits your words.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Welcome to Sylica, Ganlax," Alicia says, stepping closer to inspect the items on the pillow. "We get so few visitors from your part of Creation, at least voluntary ones."

[19:00] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+41 arcane sight CL
[19:00] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 47 > [d20=6]
[19:00] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+59 spellcraft
[19:00] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 77 > [d20=18]
[19:01] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+59 planes for authenticating signets I guess?
[19:01] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 60 > [d20=1]

Anastasia

The signet seems to be authentic.

The mace is an unholy mace+4.

The signet is only as magical as it is to protect it and leave behind a unique aura if used to seal an envelope or document.

"I will not mince words," Ganlax goes on, a soft chitter before, "I seek protection."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Yes, better to be candid," Alicia ceases her inspection and focuses her attention on Ganlax. "What do you need protection from, first of all?"

Are you watching, Antenora?

Anastasia

Yes.

"Baator," Is the answer, "My betrayal is known by now. The only reason I am not dead is because I am here. I killed my superior officer and fled to an enemy. There is no mistaking that action."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"And what moved you to slay your own superior then?" Alicia asks.

Anastasia

"He maintained ties to Chaos," Is the answer, voice thick with disgust. "If even the nobles cannot be pure, is there any truth to it at all? Is all of it just a self serving lie?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"And so you came to the moderately chaotic realm of Sylica?" Alicia asks. "Though I assure you we're quite open about that, no deceit here. Why not seek shelter somewhere more attuned to your lawful sensibilities?"

Anastasia

"You defeated the Spark Hunters," Is the answer, "You have strength, strength rarely seen."

It's not about me. It's about Marie. How typically devilish. My choices aren't what truly matters, it's that I'm with an eladrin.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Is Syala acceptably within the margins for him then? Marie was my familiar too, and now a risen goddess of this realm. If he objects to her that far then why is he here at all?

"There are others with matching strength who could shelter you," Alicia says. "Here you'll be surrounded by chaos, and your own freedoms limited until you can be trusted around others. We'll keep you safe perhaps, but you won't be free to do as you please here."