News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Dragon quickstep

Started by Anastasia, December 01, 2020, 09:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Alrighty, you made level 37, nice.

So what's your plans here, let me know them so I can work with them.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

The first step is waiting to see if our mysterious and anonymous person of interest on Fire does want to introduce himself to me and open negotiations. Barring that, we'll see if there's any change (something I notice via domain powers of Fire and War, something Zaaman Rul or my efreet agents on Fire tell me, Akil reaching out to me and so on).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, I can work with that. But lemme go ahead and refresh or ask the question: Do you plan to do anything to force an introduction, or just see if it happens or not? If you just wait, how long?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The idea of 'do something' needs to be married to actual knowledge of the players and available actions. So I'm continuing to gather information and maybe my spies will catch something, but until then I don't intend to act, even if it means I'll only act when the rebellion starts.

Anastasia

Okay then.

A few days pass until Donald pokes his head in as you work on a bit of magic, "Got a fresh report from Fire you need to see."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

"Yeah." Donald answers just as shortly, before, "C'mon, show me some energy. Show me that Seira enthusiasm as you leap up to get it."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Give me exciting data and you'll see plenty of it~"

Anastasia

"Someone big is in the City of Brass. Fervent celebrations are erupting despite attempts by guards and soldiers to suppress them." Donald says, "Spontaneous speeches by efreet of no standing proclaim a return to their true power. Effigies of Zamaan Rul, yourself and others from the war appear only to be ceremonially set ablaze. Akil's ordered the palace shut and the city to martial law, but not even the threat of executions stop them. Many of the common soldiers join in defiance of the Sultan. Everyone whispers that the overthrow of the Sultan is at hand, and a better Sultan is here to set things right."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Interesting," Seira notes, before grinning at Donald. "Joking, joking. So. Akil's screwed. We can still reach out to him and gain more for our side, plus he'll be weakened further. Ultimately, however, they can burn all the effigies of me they want, it's Fire. If the efreet truly think they can take us after losing the war, the following purges and defections, and this civil war? And without the devils as support, to boot? Well, more power to them. And your thoughts, my friend?"

Anastasia

"We kick their asses and remind them that they're done." Donald says, then he comes in all the way. "Unless it is the worst case situation and it's the Crimson Firebrand. He's so old and legendary that I'd hesitate before kicking his ass." With a confident smile and a nudge to you, "But really, squeeze him now that he's needy. Remind him of what you can offer him. Competition drives sales, as Waukeen would say."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I did believe it was the Firebrand, but in that case why would Akil be fighting him? He's supposed to be one of his most loyal followers!"

Anastasia

"Hell if I know. Maybe he borrowed money from him and didn't repay it, and got away with it since he vanished?" Donald says, "Maybe he's tired of Akil's shit too. Maybe he just wants to eliminate an old loose end, or making a statement against Baator is worth his sacrifice."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Let's see," Seira says, before contacting Akil and keeping Donald in the loop.

Things seem dire

Anastasia

You hear his voice in your mind.

'Perhaps some agreement can be come to. Name your terms.' Akil's voice, tight and tense.
<Afina> Forever.