News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

A blessed homefront

Started by Anastasia, February 12, 2021, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

An announcement to begin with. Syala's node goal has changed, as due to your current truce with Malcanthet it is no longer practical or likely to occur.

It's done. Elysium welcomes Sylica, and in turn you welcome it.

The next morning you lie in bed, in Syala's embrace. A period of rest for your main awareness, but your avatars are not idle. One in particular sees to business. Colke enters, "Divine one," he greets and bows, "I wish to speak to you."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Speak your mind, Colke," Alicia bids, currently in a comfortable looking study overlooking the city outside.

Anastasia

"I want to explain my abilities," Colke states and takes a seat. He shifts into a woman - similar to Antenora, save for gentle brown eyes more at home on Jessica. "First, I find that I can discern lies and see the truth. Similar to Antenora from what I understand, but I don't presume to be as proficient at it as she is."

A shift again. This time to a male form, slender and wizened with each. "Magic comes to me well. I am a wizard and I find the mysteries of clerical magic to be understood in those patterns of magic. My arcane magic can heal a wound as surely as it can fling fire and lightning."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"So your ability to see through deceit is something new borne of your recent experiences then?" Alicia clarifies, leaning towards Colke.

Also I'll alter reality for true seeing. Does that show anything different than the outer appearance presented?

Anastasia

No. As far as you can tell with clearsight and see magic, and true seeing too, this is Colke.

"Yes," Is the answer, "It is new."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"You know, your appearance resists attempts to divine past the surface. Marie is an eladrin, so spells such as true seeing show her as both a woman and an orb of light, because both are her, but for you I can only ever see what you present yourself as," Alicia says, to give Colke a better understanding of their shapechanging ability.

Anastasia

A silence to that, contemplation. "I think...I speculate that when I survived and changed, I replaced the lies with truth. I have these abilities because all are true for me now. I become what I change into completely. It is no surface glamor. I cannot prove it, but it feels right in my bones and soul." Another shift, to a near copy of you. "I believe your mercy and valor, combined with the light of Chronias, may have enacted a miracle. I can think of nothing else."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I don't see any magic when you do it either. Nor could I see past the creations of 666, but I believe I could now, having been strengthened by the experience. You're a unique being, and it's possible using this ability to deceive could cause it to lose its power... but perhaps not, and it's simply an advantage you have and must use with wisdom. Creation is not inherently fair," Alicia says, mulling it over.

"You wished to speak more of your abilities, however?"

Speaking of, see magic should tell me the strength of Colke's most powerful spell or spell-like ability currently available.

Anastasia

15th.

"Yes," Colke goes on, "I have the rage and crushing blows of an avenger. I have the protections of a holy avenger that shroud me. I am as home with steel as I am magic. Is this form not appropriate for it?" Colke notes, as she resembles you greatly.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"You'd be surprised by how many people might disagree even now," Alicia says ruefully. "But it's served me well, at least. With steel and magic both."

Anastasia

That draws a curious look, "Who would object to your skill in blade and magic?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Oh, you get the odd braggart and fool at all stages of life. I even had Glasya call me mannish when I fought her over Avernus recently, for all that talk is usually the preserve of men better suited to propping up a tavern's bar than carrying a weapon."

Anastasia

"How foolish," Colke remarks, "Who could see a man in you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She smiles slightly. "I appreciate the flattery, but lets move on. You have great martial and magical skill then, what of your talents in less hectic arenas? Intrigue and lore? Crafting?"

Anastasia

"I have some lore and ability to built. Arms and armor, and magical ones as well," Colke answers, "My mind is a weapon capable of seeing through a great deal of difficulties."
<Afina> Forever.