News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

A blessed homefront

Started by Anastasia, February 12, 2021, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Then we can only go on," Mystra says, "Tell me, you've dealt with the Far Realm many times now. Have you come across any from it who you could understand and communicate with?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Zetsuboku could be communicated with, to a degree," Alicia recalls. "Not fruitfully, but she understood in her own way."

Io's far realm dragon doesn't count, it was still a thing of Creation that he made based on concepts from Beyond.

Anastasia

"Has one ever spoken of an Answer?" Mystra goes on, "Or anything similar to one?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I feel like Zetsuboku had her own warped answer to things," Alicia says. "But I haven't heard any answer I was inclined to hear. Where are you going with this, Mystra?"

Anastasia

"Merely a hope that inspiration came from afar," Mystra explains, "We have never entirely discounted the possibility that aid may come from afar in our quest for an Answer, and as matters grow more grave, we seek every corner for aid. That is not why I asked you here, so allow me to continue."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She'd wondered if Mystra actually had found such an entity herself. "Sorry, go on then," she invites.

Anastasia

"War's coming," Mystra says, "No longer can Shar be tolerated. The Prophecy of Primus is an insult to Creation, and now she seeks to use my own powers to her ends. No more." Her voice is grave and strong, "I do not know if I can overthrow destiny, but I intend to try. I have seen Shar's strength, however, and I know it is mighty. Mighty enough now to oppose even myself."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia nods. "Her censure over Daa-vid's judgement wasn't enough to tilt the scales. In truth I wonder if she was censured at all."

Anastasia

"I have concerns that if she's still this capable," Mystra goes on, "That she's not hiding a deeper source of power, or is stronger than any of us have ever realized. But that doesn't matter. We will not roll over. We will not submit. I want you to be one of my close allies for this, Alicia."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Of course, you needn't ask," Alicia says. "I'm in the thick of this already. We made something I believe will serve to counter her trick of merging with a plane to augment herself," she slips her scissors free of their sheathe on her belt to show Mystra. "They worked well against the power of the 666th layer of the Abyss even if they haven't been tested on Shar herself yet."

Anastasia

Mystra examines them. "I see why you have high hopes," she agrees. "Your own work, mostly?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Mostly Latha," she shakes her head. "Using my sword since it had bloodied one of Shar's avatars, made of material from Queen's domain at the bottom of the infinite staircase."

Anastasia

"It will serve well," Mystra concurs, "If it will be decisive against Shar, I know not, but I have hopes for it."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I hope so. Using anarch powers to eject her from the merge takes far too long to be practical and may not even work on the plane of shadow," Alicia says, putting them away now.

Anastasia

"For now we fortify and prepare. I would like to take the fight to Shar in time: Can Sylica project a strong force when the time is right? It will not be easy to establish a safe zone in Shadow, but I strive to do so. The Infinite Shadow alone is ruinous to such efforts."
<Afina> Forever.