News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

A blessed homefront

Started by Anastasia, February 12, 2021, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"On one hand you have six deities," Alicia says, "Which of course represents an extremely strong force that can't easily be matched. But we're very top heavy - we don't really have an equivalent to your stars or Selune's shards, there's little we can bring to bear that will matter against Shar beyond ourselves."

Anastasia

"Unfortunate, but not unexpected. The depths of those things take time to grow and develop," Mystra admits openly. "Power in Creation is as much an investment of time as it is anything else."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Unless you cheat like Violet did. "In the end it's still much like sending a party of heroes rather than having an army of them to play with, even if I at least have many stronger than I was when I faced Zetsuboku. It's just getting beyond that hurdle where most cap out."

Anastasia

"Nonetheless, you'll have a role to play," Mystra agrees, "And I am resplendent with soldiers and servants to command, or for you to command parts of them."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Have you coordinated with Selune?" Alicia asks. "She has her own designs, and I worked with her as well when she led an attack after Daa-vid's judgement."

Anastasia

"Yes," Mystra agrees with that, "She spoke highly of you in that battle."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I was able to make some solid progress and destroy one of the defensive towers, but there wasn't much gained otherwise," Alicia admits. "It was educational though, getting live experience of the kind of defences that can be brought to bear against an assault there."

Anastasia

"A mighty feat, few make it even that far," Mystra concedes, "Now that it comes up, I believe one of Aurora's heroes participated and was injured, though I hear she's made a recovery since then. Something like Medicant would be perfect, but I fear not even Medi's defenses would hold forever against Shar on Shadow."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"There were quite a few injuries, yes. They're busy with their crusade against the first vampire, but I hope that succeeds soon. That bloodsucker crossed me personally by trying to steal the soul of one of mine who fell in battle," Alicia says, expression darkening. "I'll make sure Latha's available for the final battle when it occurs."

Anastasia

"Good." A thin smile, "But he's a tenacious one. Apply a great deal of force and ensure it sticks. Still though, you've dealt with Aurora more than I have. Do you think we could obtain Aurora for this matter? Perhaps not all of them, or even any if needs must, but the fortress itself."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Honestly, I'm unsure," Alicia admits. "They're good hearted and committed to justice, but Shar hasn't opposed them and they might not want to invite that trouble. If I were to ask, they'd take it seriously at least based on past favours."

Anastasia

Mystra is silent a few moments, "More importantly, do you feel it's the right thing to do to possibly coax them into this battle?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"The cause it not only just, it may well be the greatest one of all," Alicia says. "All their struggles to free Lifasa will be undone if Shar triumphs."

In the past she might have hesitated, tried to shield them, but they're approaching the point where everyone has to put it all on the line.

Anastasia

"We may have no choice, then. Morniel is the general most agreeable to you, I would believe?" Mystra muses.

> roll 1d100 meanwhile
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 meanwhile --> [ 1d100=20 ]{20}
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Well, she can always count on Jaela to be conciliatory over Ebony's death in service but she doesn't like to hold that over her head. "Perhaps, I rarely deal with Aurora myself when I can work through Ebony, but he should be well disposed to me."