News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Relief

Started by Anastasia, February 23, 2021, 11:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"I would suggest a plane of peace," Pistis Sophia is not fazed in the slightest by your words, "Every advantage that may calm it should be taken."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore nods. Well, they probably can't get it to come to Celestia, but...

K:P for 119 - what comes to mind? If it's Mechanus, or that's one of the options, I think Moore would pass on it since it's possible the Primus might be influenced somehow.

Anastasia

The Heavens are the most obvious choice. Elysium in particular is strong for that, though admittedly an abomination is going to shake that off as a matter of course.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"...No, I get it now." Moore says. "We have to take it to Elysium. That's why the... It's what they wanted to have happen, it's why they were the ones to charge us with this." Moore says, almost as he had some sort of epiphany. "So, we lure it to Elysium... we have to be honest - lies and deception will not win the day here. We lure it to Elysium to... something. What would get it to come there? I suppose we could use ourselves as bait, but that would lead to it enraging... so we have to think of something else."

Anastasia

"That's the hard part," Xandra muses aloud, "How to get it to pass through a portal willingly, and to even set it up."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I don't think there will be any resistance on the Elysium side." Moore says. "We can find a way to keep something open there for it to pass through. Cantasa Alexandria probably has a way if we need her. So if we work on the idea that the portal is open, we just have to decide how to get it here. So... let's think about what it wants. It wants to overthrow divinity and kill all of those who betrayed it... if it saw an opportunity to do that, its instincts may make it come through the portal if it thinks there's a chance to get someone or take revenge on them."

A pause here as he thinks for a moment. "Though the problem is, at that point, it may already be enraged... so maybe we need to think of something else... if it saw an opportunity to gain an ally, would it pursue that? If our Vow of Peace individual were to reach out and invite it to talk, under a promise of safety? It's tough to say how it would react to that... but it may be possible? I think we have to work on a lot of unknowns and just be ready with lots of extra plans if the first one falls through."

Anastasia

"In other words, we need our minds more than our swords," Xandra muses.

"Yes, I see a battle of the mind and soul, not of arms. It will win any battle of arms." Pistis Sophia agrees as you walk, the cool mists blowing past you. "It was made to a supreme weapon. It is folly to engage it as a weapon."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Would Moore know about the 'the only thing that can harm it is a weapon that will never be a weapon' bit of its fluff?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"...'a weapon that has never been a weapon and will never be a weapon'... Peace." Moore says, quietly. "Peace can never be a weapon and never has been. Of course."

He closes his eyes. "Now we know, but we still must find something that would entice it. We have to find something that under all circumstances it would want to pursue."

Anastasia

"Peace?" Xandra asks, "You think that's the answer to the riddle? I don't follow how peace is a weapon."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You're thinking about it literally - like a sword is a weapon, right? But what about things that aren't objects? Some people say words are weapons. If you think about it like that... Peace is a 'weapon' in so far as it's used to end conflicts. It's a 'weapon' against war. It's a 'weapon' against fighting - a 'weapon' against weapons."

Anastasia

"It makes sense if your logic is the same as the ones who made this," Xandra muses, "But it's not beyond the impossible."
<Afina> Forever.